• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zartan

What is your favorite bowl game memory?

45 posts in this topic

Actually, in all honesty, it was probably the Outback Bowl against Ohio State (2nd one). We were up 28-0 and I thought we had it in the bag. OSU came storming back, but we were able to kick a FG at the end of the game and take it 31-28.

Last year's is up there too with the Clowney hit late in the game which allowed us to score and win the game.

Auburn vs Clemson in the chick-fil-a a few years ago was a pretty epic OT game. Kodi running it in for the win

Snow Bowl. 2000 Independence Bowl for you non MSU fans. Solid win in dramatic fashion to ease the sting of a really meh season. The 2010 Gator Bowl was awesome. I loved watching State dismantle a traditional powerhouse like Michigan.

Snow Bowl. 2000 Independence Bowl for you non MSU fans. Solid win in dramatic fashion to ease the sting of a really meh season. The 2010 Gator Bowl was awesome. I loved watching State dismantle a traditional powerhouse like Michigan.

gator bowl is my personal favorite. Also the peach bowl in 99(?) vs clemson.

Last Cotton Bowl in the actual Cotton Bowl 2009 vs Texas Tech. 97% (I believe) of people picked TTech to win. The S-E-C chants at the end of the game were glorious. I was completely s--t-faced in that stadium.

Glad I attended Ole Miss during the back to back Cotton Bowl years.

I really enjoyed the win over Michigan. That game was rated as 2nd or 3rd best game last year by ESPN if I am not mistaken.

Cotton Bowl vs Texas Tech my junior year. Nobody gave us a shot. Tech fans talked mad s--t for a month. And we kicked their tails. It was glorious. I've never seen a more excited OM fanbase than that year. It was pretty awesome to be in attendance for the last Cotton Bowl at the actual Cotton Bowl, even if my seats did suck

It was that time that I broke 200. I'll never forget that day.

Bowling a 279 in Lincoln Neb in 1996. I was bowling against a future pro in a college nationl match. It was a team event where your team got 1 point for you beating your guy and 2 points if your team won. Dude pissed me off saying something stupid and I ran smack the whole match. He was high average in the nation and bowled a 160 something against me. His team and my team got in on talking s--t to him. We missed the ESPN taping of the finals but everyone remembered that match

In 1997 we were invited as an at large to nationals and we were the only southern team there. Mike Hudson our anchor bowler showed up the second day on overalls, no shirt. We took the out of uniform penalty and he bowled drunk off his ass. Awesome time. He shot a 300 his last match that year but because of the out of uniform penalty he got nothing for it.

1978 Orange Bowl against the Oklahoma Switzers.Holtz suspended our offensive weapons,we went as huge underdogs and kicked their ass from start to finish.

Vols over the u in the 85 Sugar Bowl. I rember the did the starting line up as river boat gamblers. Good lord the guys were smaller backmthen. The Oline was 260-275 with are big TE in the 230 range. They were talking about how big Miamis WRs were at a whopping 6'/6'2. I am rewatching the game on youtube. Real football.

I invited a couple Michigan fan friends of mine to my place to watch the Outback Bowl last year & they brought a few others with 'em so it was a 1:13 ratio of USC to UM fans in my house for the game.

When we were robbed on that 4th down measurement & Clowney made 'the hit'.....that moment and the few breaths after when I looked around the room at their collective faces immediately after....that is my all time favorite bowl game moment.

As other Ole Miss fans said, the Cotton Bowl against T-Tech. I was only in high school at that time but had the luck of buying tickets, T-tech fans talked so much s--t but that atmosphere was insane and I remember how excited I was about our team after that game.

Vols over the u in the 85 Sugar Bowl. I rember the did the starting line up as river boat gamblers. Good lord the guys were smaller backmthen. The Oline was 260-275 with are big TE in the 230 range. They were talking about how big Miamis WRs were at a whopping 6'/6'2. I am rewatching the game on youtube. Real football.

DAMN.... I was at that game! The Vols were huge underdogs and hammered Miami at the Sugar Bowl.

Funny thing.... The fans where all set to storm the field at the end of the game but it never happened. The New Orleans police were on horse back and quickly circled the field and not one person got onto the field. If there's one group that understands how to handle a group of drunks it's the NOPD.

I was a sophomore at UGA when I went to the 2002 Sugar Bowl in N'awlins. UGA whipped FSU's ass. It felt good after a decade of UGA football mediocrity and I had an awesome time on my first trip ever to the city.

DAMN.... I was at that game! The Vols were huge underdogs and hammered Miami at the Sugar Bowl.

Funny thing.... The fans where all set to storm the field at the end of the game but it never happened. The New Orleans police were on horse back and quickly circled the field and not one person got onto the field. If there's one group that understands how to handle a group of drunks it's the NOPD.

UT was an after thought in that game.

07 Sugar Bowl vs Hawaii.

You all got hosed for that game, if I remember right

1992 Bama vs Miami nobody I mean nobody gave Bama a shot Miami was very good in those days but it was a total raping. Also a few of my high school teammates were on that Bama team.

1996 Sugar. Nothing like losing a close game to your rival in the final regular season game, only to get matched up with them again for the NCG in the South's premier bowl game... and beat 'em like you caught 'em picking their nose at the dinner table.

1992 Bama vs Miami nobody I mean nobody gave Bama a shot Miami was very good in those days but it was a total raping. Also a few of my high school teammates were on that Bama team.

I enjoyed that game very much as well.When your d-back ran down that receiver and took the ball from him I laughed my ass off.

Game I wasn't at: Kodi Burns OT TD vs Clemson

Game I was at: Byrum's kick against Oregon

You all got hosed for that game, if I remember right

What do you mean?