• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

BCS National Championship Game: Florida State vs. Auburn

Florida State vs. Auburn   45 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

250 posts in this topic

Here's your official game thread for discussion and predictions on the BCS National Championship Game between Florida State (13-0, 8-0) and Auburn (12-1, 7-1) in Pasadena, CA, Jan 6th.

FSU 45

AU 31

Auburns luck runs out. No miracle deflections or 109 yard field goal returns for them.

Benjamin and Winston hook up all night.

Rhymes with grape.

I have no idea. Auburn read option has been making everybody look silly and pathetic in defense. Are there not enough good athletes on defense in college to stop this simple scheme? Apparently not. And this just gets worse outside the sec. However auburn secondary is vulnerable and jameis should light it up. I'll take AUB in a shootout.

Auburn 45

FSU 34

By the end if this thread you will have

AU 63

FSU 7

And you know it.... But I'm okay with this

Can a running attack take it out of a passing attack?

I dunno...

If FSU does what UGA almost did to us it could be bad.

The over is 65 and under is 110 points!

The spread is FSU by 9.5 points.

I'm taking Auburn to win. I believe this game will break 110 points

They aren't battle-tested, so nobody knows just how good they are. Clemson doesn't count.

I think we run right through them. 300 yards on bama is no fluke. Saban had no answer for Malzahn's attack, and neither will Jimbo.

Ironically my two top coaches to replace Chizik were: Jimbo Fisher and Gus Malzahn.

Ironically my two top coaches to replace Chizik were: Jimbo Fisher and Gus Malzahn.

BMFP.

Either we get blown out or we win a close one. All the pressure in a close game would be on FSU, we're incredibly comfortable in that situation. If it's close in the 4th quarter we'll pull it out.

Malzahn won't get blown out. We will be extremely prepared. I actually think we have the advantage. Battles are won in the trenches, and we've faced FSU type lines all year long. FSU hasn't seen an OL/DL quite like Auburn's. Give Malzahn a month to prepare, and we'll rush for 500 yards. Our DL will come out hitting, I can't wait.

War Damn Eagle

They aren't battle-tested, so nobody knows just how good they are. Clemson doesn't count.

I think we run right through them. 300 yards on bama is no fluke. Saban had no answer for Malzahn's attack, and neither will Jimbo.

UF's defense is 2nd in the SEC, FSU had their way with them.

That means nothing. UF was an atrocious team with no identity, averaging 17 PPG. Their defense was constantly on the field all year long.

Give Malzahn a month to prepare, and we'll rush for 500 yards.

Let's not get carried away here, man.

450 rushing yards is more realistic.

That means nothing. UF was an atrocious team with no identity, averaging 17 PPG. Their defense was constantly on the field all year long.

True. But even from the beginning FSU was having their way with them. If a crippled UGA team can throw up 40+ on AU's defense, what do you think a completely healthy FSU team with arguably the best receivers in the nation is gonna do? Not to mention a 6'5 monster in Kelvin Benjamin.

True. But even from the beginning FSU was having their way with them. If a crippled UGA team can throw up 40+ on AU's defense, what do you think a completely healthy FSU team with arguably the best receivers in the nation is gonna do? Not to mention a 6'5 monster in Kelvin Benjamin.

Man no offense but we've been hearing this same s--t all year long. We were literally predicted to lose to every single team on our schedule except for Western Carolina, and a few of those games we were predicted to lose by double digits.

We're going to win this game.

So did Georgia Southern.