• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hothotz

Riddle me this.....

31 posts in this topic

Georgia has had Aaron Murray for five years. Meanwhile we have kicked out two other QB's of which both have a shot at a BCS or National Championship in their first or second year in a new system.

In conclusion.

Fire them all.

If it makes you feel any better I would trade you back ours for Murray in a damn heartbeat.

Kinda like the Tebow-Newton situation; except that Tebow got some rings.

Believe it or not I feel a little bad for Murray, because he definitely gave it his all and was on pace not only for possible conference and/or national titles but a Heisman as well.

He'll leave with some records, but without the titles they tend to get forgotten, like with Greene; although Greene at least won an SEC title... that 2002 UGA season was a great one; if Richt just could have beaten the Zooker, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

If it makes you feel any better I would trade you back ours for Murray in a damn heartbeat.

Not the point. Of course you would take a senior over a sophomore.

Here's the question you need to ask yourself.

Would you trade a four or five year starter Nick Marshall under the Gus system for Murray as he is now having been under Richt and Bobo for five years?

Believe it or not I feel a little bad for Murray, because he definitely gave it his all and was on pace not only for possible conference and/or national titles but a Heisman as well.

He'll leave with some records, but without the titles they tend to get forgotten, like with Greene; although Greene at least won an SEC title... that 2002 UGA season was a great one; if Richt just could have beaten the Zooker, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

My whole point is our coaching has platued. In the early 2000's Richt was on top of the game compared to all the other coaches. As time has moved on schools have upgraded and gotten better. The game is ever changing, the teams who win are the ones who can adapt and embrace new ideas. Richt has been the same coach since day one. Problem is it worked on day one, not so much ten years later.

Georgia has had Aaron Murray for five years. Meanwhile we have kicked out two other QB's of which both have a shot at a BCS or National Championship in their first or second year in a new system.

In conclusion.

Fire them all.

Neither team is going to play for the NCG this year unless a hell of a lot falls into place. LSU has no shot so I'm not really sure what you're getting at there.....

Neither team is going to play for the NCG this year unless a hell of a lot falls into place. LSU has no shot so I'm not really sure what you're getting at there.....

Point being both teams are better coached at every level. Richt is nothing but a waste of space on the sidelines along with all his assistants.

My whole point is our coaching has platued. In the early 2000's Richt was on top of the game compared to all the other coaches. As time has moved on schools have upgraded and gotten better. The game is ever changing, the teams who win are the ones who can adapt and embrace new ideas. Richt has been the same coach since day one. Problem is it worked on day one, not so much ten years later.

Georgia's rejects were better than anybody that they recruited. None of those guys will ever be as good as Aaron Murray. Those coaches have not adapted and embraced new ideas. They both run the same offenses that they ran before. Malzahn's system disguises the weaknesses of Nick Marshall very well. When was the last time Georgia had a crappy quarterback?

Georgia needs a little more discipline and a little faster development of younger players. There is nothing wrong with their coaching philosophy or players. Kudos to Georgia for getting rid of players that violate team rules. Now do a better job keeping them in line. It's almost like they have a case of the Gene Chiziks.

Georgia's rejects were better than anybody that they recruited. None of those guys will ever be as good as Aaron Murray. Those coaches have not adapted and embraced new ideas. They both run the same offenses that they ran before. Malzahn's system disguises the weaknesses of Nick Marshall very well. When was the last time Georgia had a crappy quarterback?

Georgia needs a little more discipline and a little faster development of younger players. There is nothing wrong with their coaching philosophy or players. Kudos to Georgia for getting rid of players that violate team rules. Now do a better job keeping them in line. It's almost like they have a case of the Gene Chiziks.

No.....

Answer this question. Is the reason Georgia is considered one of the top teams in the east because they are good or is it because of all the other teams who have gotten worse Florida has gotten worse Tennessee has gotten worse. the Georgia South Carolina game has always been close so it's not that the coaches have maintained this steady stream of talent it's that all the other teams around the conference has gotten worse.

and to answer your question the last bad quarterback Georgia head was Joe Cox and then there was Joe T.

Point being both teams are better coached at every level. Richt is nothing but a waste of space on the sidelines along with all his assistants.

Better coached at every level...... how is that? LSU will likely have the same amount of losses as us... without a ton of injuries WITH better recruiting classes. Auburn will most likely finish with two losses and you could argue that they are better coached yes, defensively at least.... though to be fair they gave up enough points to lose plenty of games.

We fired our DC, we thought he had turned it around fairly quickly and that we hit a home run.... hell if you would have asked me two years ago I might have been ready to give Grantham the HCIW job or replace Richt. Now we know he is grossly over rated and we need to correct the mistake..... I think we will.

If we don't lose another game I doubt he gets fired though, just because our defense is young. I will say I think we have a lot better chance of getting rid of him if a CERTAIN SOMEONE becomes available after losing to the Eagles this weekend

We'd of still gotten left out due to the #1 and #2 teams going undefeated anyways and with SEC lacking respect back then.

Not the point. Of course you would take a senior over a sophomore.

Here's the question you need to ask yourself.

Would you trade a four or five year starter Nick Marshall under the Gus system for Murray as he is now having been under Richt and Bobo for five years?

I mean if we're arguing talent than Murray is simply better than Marshall. Doesn't hurt that Murray isn't a thief off the field, either. Now, the argument about offensive scheme - Gus' scheme is a really good college scheme and so is Bobo's.

The only thing Murray has going for him over Greene is that Murray does have a shot in the NFL (has a lot stronger of an arm than most uniformed people on this site believe and isn't the midget some paint him to be either). Murray has solid arm strength ( a lot better than Greene's) and is tough as nails. Throws a really accurate pass with a good throwing motion and he has played in a system that is similar to most NFL offenses. Murray would be a really good quarterback in a West Coast offense. Scouts have been at the UGA practices all year to look at Murray. He'll probably get drafted in the early 2nd round if not late 1st

The only thing Murray has going for him over Greene is that Murray does have a shot in the NFL (has a lot stronger of an arm than most uniformed people on this site believe and isn't the midget some paint him to be either). Murray has solid arm strength ( a lot better than Greene's) and is tough as nails. Throws a really accurate pass with a good throwing motion and he has played in a system that is similar to most NFL offenses. Murray would be a really good quarterback in a West Coast offense. Scouts have been at the UGA practices all year to look at Murray. He'll probably get drafted in the early 2nd round if not late 1st

Oh I don't doubt he'll be drafted high and may be more successful at the next level than Greene; I just meant the lack of team accomplishments at UGA might keep his name from being thrown around as an SEC great 5-10 years down the road.

Being primarily a college football fan, I like it for them if former Gators do well in the NFL; but if they didn't bring UF any hardware I'm not very happy about it.

Oh I don't doubt he'll be drafted high and may be more successful at the next level than Greene; I just meant the lack of team accomplishments at UGA might keep his name from being thrown around as an SEC great 5-10 years down the road.

Being primarily a college football fan, I like it for them if former Gators do well in the NFL; but if they didn't bring UF any hardware I'm not very happy about it.

I mean Murray can't really be blamed within reason for any of our problems. If you look at the numbers, basically the whole time we've been here Murray has had to put up 35+ points in almost any key game due to our s--t-show defense for 4 years now. Makes me angry thinking that if we even had an "okay" defense the past few years Murray would probably have two BCSCG rings now

I mean Murray can't really be blamed within reason for any of our problems. If you look at the numbers, basically the whole time we've been here Murray has had to put up 35+ points in almost any key game due to our s--t-show defense for 4 years now. Makes me angry thinking that if we even had an "okay" defense the past few years Murray would probably have two BCSCG rings now

True, but nobody ever remembers that either; just like the QB gets most of the accolades when the team wins big, he also gets most of the blame when they don't.

Take the last 4 years on this site, for example; Murray may very well be a better QB than McCarron, but McCarron has 2 hands full of rings and thus will be considered the better leader and the guy who played his best ball on the biggest stages, while right or wrong, Murray already has a reputation for being the guy who couldn't win the big ones... much like his coach.

It's like the Tebow-Stafford saga; Stafford proved to be the guy whose game translated to the pros better, but it's Tebow who will go down in history as one of the greatest college players ever... without the Southwest and West coast getting together to leave him off their Heisman ballots entirely, he'd have won back-to-back Heisman trophies.

It's more often a matter of perception than reality. Take the Mannings; they're guys who are and will be remembered because of their family name and their status as 2 brothers who are both SB winning QB's; but the average fans outside the South still to this day can't tell you where they played their college ball.

I remember as a kid that before every single NFL game they'd introduce the starters and always told where they played their college ball; but now that's almost an afterthought, and only happens occasionally... the practice is actually making a comeback after years of the networks not doing it at all. I suspect they quit doing it to make more TV time available for advertising, but I also think a lot of fans have been complaining about it... I know I did a couple years ago.

True, but nobody ever remembers that either; just like the QB gets most of the accolades when the team wins big, he also gets most of the blame when they don't.

Take the last 4 years on this site, for example; Murray may very well be a better QB than McCarron, but McCarron has 2 hands full of rings and thus will be considered the better leader and the guy who played his best ball on the biggest stages, while right or wrong, Murray already has a reputation for being the guy who couldn't win the big ones... much like his coach.

It's like the Tebow-Stafford saga; Stafford proved to be the guy whose game translated to the pros better, but it's Tebow who will go down in history as one of the greatest college players ever... without the Southwest and West coast getting together to leave him off their Heisman ballots entirely, he'd have won back-to-back Heisman trophies.

It's more often a matter of perception than reality. Take the Mannings; they're guys who are and will be remembered because of their family name and their status as 2 brothers who are both SB winning QB's; but the average fans outside the South still to this day can't tell you where they played their college ball.

I remember as a kid that before every single NFL game they'd introduce the starters and always told where they played their college ball; but now that's almost an afterthought, and only happens occasionally... the practice is actually making a comeback after years of the networks not doing it at all. I suspect they quit doing it to make more TV time available for advertising, but I also think a lot of fans have been complaining about it... I know I did a couple years ago.

Yeah I love the college introductions

while I will admit that murray is a pretty good quarterback, I will will not say he is a great one. everyone wants to talk about his stats without considering that hes a 4 year starter breaking records that were set in 3 years time, and in some cases, 2 years. while football is a team sport, you have to consider that a truly great quarterback can overcome almost all obstacles in order to help his team win. murray has a horrible record against top 10 teams and theres no arguing that, so no matter what his defense looked like, he still failed to win consistently against that top talent. take cam newton and auburn for instance. while I despise the person, he is still a great quarterback, and the year they went undefeated and won it all, the defense wasn't really all that great.

Murray can only be as good as the team. Aaron Murray's stats vs BCS Top 15 teams this year.

1345 yards passing, 10 TD's, 2 Ints, and 4 rushing TD's. Those stats include USC,Clemson, Auburn, Missouri, and LSU. I would say those games weren't lost because of AM11.

while I will admit that murray is a pretty good quarterback, I will will not say he is a great one. everyone wants to talk about his stats without considering that hes a 4 year starter breaking records that were set in 3 years time, and in some cases, 2 years. while football is a team sport, you have to consider that a truly great quarterback can overcome almost all obstacles in order to help his team win. murray has a horrible record against top 10 teams and theres no arguing that, so no matter what his defense looked like, he still failed to win consistently against that top talent. take cam newton and auburn for instance. while I despise the person, he is still a great quarterback, and the year they went undefeated and won it all, the defense wasn't really all that great.

Well I don't think anybody ever said Murray was better than Cam Newton either... so I fail to see why the comparison is being brought up.

Well I don't think anybody ever said Murray was better than Cam Newton either... so I fail to see why the comparison is being brought up.

I was using cam as an example to show that a really good qb can overcome a bad defense...im sorry you failed to understand.

We'd of still gotten left out due to the #1 and #2 teams going undefeated anyways and with SEC lacking respect back then.

We would have been #2 over Ohio State without a loss to UF.

• TheRealBrave
      I can safely say it is impossible for a QB to have a sluggish start vs. Georgia right now
    • L.A.Hog
      No one with a family and common sense want trump to destroy this country....
    • TheRealBrave
      Something that bothered me was Lester Holt being Hillary's personal fact checker and attempting to correct Trump consistently. He didn't jump on her for lying when she denied saying TPP is the gold standard of trade deals. It is plain as day that she said it, and relatively recently.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLQzeCoNnA&app=desktop
    • Mizzou_Fan
      So now we'll move on to LSU and Tennessee. 
    • Flea
      LSU is the only Power 5 team in a state with a tiny population compared to Texas.  LSU and Bama made out like bandits by bringing in A&M.  And to show how autonomous LSU is, wasn't their recent change decided at ULL game?   Houston?  A serious multi-year threat?  With their pack 45,000 seat stadium and limited funds?   They flash every few decades. They won't keep TH that long.   tu?  Can't compete with the SEC brand.  TCU and Baylor?  Self-destruct at least once per 20 years.   
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    4. 4
      razorhead