• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jacobp

Missouri threatening to sue Green Forest, AR School District

18 posts in this topic

seriously? i am sure there are 100's of high schools nationwide that use somewhat of the same logo as college teams.

seriously? i am sure there are 100's of high schools nationwide that use somewhat of the same logo as college teams.

there are probably 20+ in Missouri alone.

I've seen plenty of HS logos where I was surprised they got away with the blatant copying. This is not one of them. I can certainly see some resemblance but it's different enough I'd never think 'Mizzou'.

Makes me wonder why they wouldn't go after Bentonville, AR. They are the Tigers and are black and gold. Probably too scared to go up against wal mart town's lawyers.

I read something about this 2 weeks ago. It isn't Mizzou who is threatening to sue, it is the Collegiate Licensing Company. Plus they offer high schools the ability to buy the rights to use the logo and I heard that it is really cheap. That's why there are a lot of high school logos that look identical to college logos.

Louisville tried to pull this stunt a few months ago with one of the high schools here in Kentucky. Mayfield if I'm not mistaken. Never heard what came of it.

It's stupid. My high school used Georgia's logo, we just changed the G to a D, Our colors are red and black and our mascot is the Bulldogs. Never heard shat from UGA.

We were the Trojans.Never heard from the rubber industry.

Georgia tech went after Oxford al. high scruel a few years ago....same yellow jacket...

We were the Trojans too and had the lowest teen pregnancy rate in the county.

Hell yeah; Hot Springs High alum myself. Funny but true: my wife went to Karns (sp?) In Knoxville.

Yup, she's a Beaver. Good thing I'm a Trojan...

Georgia tech went after Oxford al. high scruel a few years ago....same yellow jacket...

I've seen a dozen high schools with that logo

Woodford County uses it here in Kentucky.

oxford had a championship run that year tooo...gaytech must have been jelli.

Kind of petty, but if the licensing is cheap they should have just done that to be safe.

My alma-mater used the Longhorn and it's likeness for many years, then moved to "Horns" on the side in the same writing and colors as Florida. And I know for damn sure we didn't pay for any licensing as a small private school in Alabama.