• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOOM

Stanford ranked 4th?

fasdfas   4 members have voted

1. 1. afsdf

• Stanford Blows
    • Stanford Sucks

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 posts in this topic

No one's mentioned this; why're they ranked ahead of undefeated Baylor? Hell I think Auburn makes a more compelling argument to be ranked 4th, with our loss being at Death Valley @ night, and their loss was to fkn 4-6 Utah

am I missing something? Pac-12 getting too much love in the polls

Beating an overrated Ducks squad tells you all you need to know.

Beat an overrated duck team would do the same to Baylor and Auburn.

Only poo-says lose to LSU in Death Valley at night.

Stanford's wins >>>>>> Baylor's wins.

But yeah, I agree with Auburn going ahead of both.

And ahead of Ohio State and Bama.

Alabama is going to win it all anyway

Who cares

Auburn is the last beacon of hope for a tired SEC fanbase... Few people in the country will be pulling for Bama this Iron Bowl.

Auburn is the last beacon of hope for a tired SEC fanbase... Few people in the country will be pulling for Bama this Iron Bowl.

Yeah. No pressure, eh Aubs?

Yeah. No pressure, eh Aubs?

Nope. In the bag.

And Baylor would smash Stanford. Briles > Helfrich

only thing in the bag for the barn is the 150k you gave Cammie Cam.... :trollface:

Mizzou has a balanced offense.

Stanford is a team I just don't understand right now. I have no idea what to think of them.

With that said, USC was playing half their season with one of the biggest idiots known to man as their head coach. They have some talent.

lol, I hope USC wins out. Orgeron will probably get the permanent job out there.

I want Stanford to win and jump my alma mater

Lord, spare them from Bama and FSU

The simple answer is the preseason rankings.

Once those are out,

Teams work their way down by losing rather than teams working their way up based on merit.

The simple answer is the preseason rankings.

Once those are out,

Teams work their way down by losing rather than teams working their way up based on merit.

Pretty much this, and it's stupid.

I don't think they should have any polls until week 2, when most teams have at least played a game. Prior to that you're just playing a guessing game and a popularity contest based on how the media has hyped your college.

I don't think they should have any polls until week 2, when most teams have at least played a game. Prior to that you're just playing a guessing game and a popularity contest based on how the media has hyped your college.

Oh yeah. Preseason polls and rewards based solely on name recognition are some of the worst things about college football.

I would like to see the polls come out mid to late October. By then everyone has played an OOC team or two, a cupcake, and a few conference games.

I would like to see the polls come out mid to late October. By then everyone has played an OOC team or two, a cupcake, and a few conference games.

That would be ideal, but people would argue that it would make early season match ups less interesting with there not being any ranked teams. I'd kinda like to see it a few games in, too, but there are some semi-decent arguments against waiting that long. TV would never let it happen.

There really aren't any good arguments for having pre-season polls. I think TV stations and media in general could live with one week of games without 25 teams having a number next to their names, and it'd allow for slightly more accurate polls throughout the season.

It'd be really awesome if we just got rid of the polls entirely until the week before the BCS poll started, then have coaches start voting, too.

With the playoff system coming, I think we should see condoleza rice's preaseas on top four to compare to the real top four at the end of the year

Also, baylor would fall hard if they ever played a team w a defence.