• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForwardRebels

Gene Chizik

24 posts in this topic

After Dan Merlin is given a contract extension following this year and is subsequently fired next year, I think Gene Chizik should be a candidate that State interviews. Chizik is a winner, and has a NC on his resume.

He has a fire about him, which is what so many State posters on here want. He can recruit much better than Dan Merlin.

Also, I considered putting this in the Magnolia State thread, but figured as it talks about a HC change, that it deserves it's own thread.

So, do you agree or disagree; make your case here.

Also, if the general consensus is to disagree, feel free to use this thread to discuss possible candidates. (This can be the public discussion thread, whereas no doubt State will have it's own thread about it soon enough in it's own forum.)

Is this a troll thread? Isn't Chizik Auburn's last coach that made them look no different than us last season while having far superior talent?

Recruiting is probably much easier at Auburn than it is at State.

IF MSU hired Chiz...I would not stop laughin. Ever.

My joke quota would be filled for the rest of my life with that event alone.

They won't hire chiz. ew.

I vote they go after some highschool coach who has good instate connections.

srsly.

They'll do what Ole Miss and Auburn have done and hire a Sun Belt coach.

Ed Orgeron is looking like a solid coach nowadays. I imagine he really dislikes Ole Miss too.

match made in heaven

They'll do what Ole Miss and Auburn have done and hire a Sun Belt coach.

Ed Orgeron is looking like a solid coach nowadays. I imagine he really dislikes Ole Miss too.

match made in heaven

HEY. malz was an oc...who was a ..

fk it.

Yall quit bad mouthing Todd Granthams replacement. He is a good man and will quickly become the best hire of the CMR era.

Yall quit bad mouthing Todd Granthams replacement. He is a good man and will quickly become the best hire of the CMR era.

Hell he probably wouldn't be that bad of a DC at Georgia.

Malazahn is enjoying the success that Chizik would have had if they had kept him one more year.I bet he's pissed.

Troll head and all that crap.

IF MSU hired Chiz...I would not stop laughin. Ever.

My joke quota would be filled for the rest of my life with that event alone.

I'm Still laughing from whenAuburn hired him.

I'm Still laughing from whenAuburn hired him.

Yea, we only got a championship, heisman winner and current head coach out of it... LOL

Chizik sucked at Auburn but by some miracle did more good than bad. I doubt MSU would be as lucky.

Yea, we only got a championship, heisman winner and current head coach out of it... LOL

Chizik sucked at Auburn but by some miracle did more good than bad. I doubt MSU would be as lucky.

Sounds like you should hire him back then.

Hell he probably wouldn't be that bad of a DC at Georgia.

These guys get promoted 1 slot above their compentence level and fail alot. Folks tend to overlook what put them in that position to begin with. It might be too soon for the UGA gig but Cheese-it will be a DC and a good one again real soon.

Someone please hire him before he milks all that buyout money.

He better find a defense other than the Tampa 2 if he's gonna be successful.

Someone please hire him before he milks all that buyout money.

ikr we gotta give malz a raise ):

Also, Chiz has no teeth so he would fit right into the MS stereotype.**

• Similar Content

• buzzardroostus
      By buzzardroostus
      A MSU Sports Blog, Maroon State of Mind, gets an interview w/ Scott Stricklin this weekend.
      Grading Gameday w/ Scott Stricklin

• ForwardRebels
      By ForwardRebels
      Y'all know the drill; y'all know what this thread is for; Football, Basketball, Baseball, Track, Disk Golf, Rifle Teams, Tiddleywinks, or whatever other sport you want to talk trash your esteemed rival in/about.
      If it involves Mississippi State/Ole Miss and trash talking, post it here.
      @@JDawg @ @@1dawgfan09 @@carl winslow @@bulldawg28 @@adfalcon @@Benny @@ihateAU @@GoldenRebel @@BulldawgFan @UM rebel @@davidees @@bbqit @@nova @@RedRebelBlue @@Weston M @@The Doctor @@question_marking @@A10Rebel @@JoeGator (<---aka JoeDawg ) @@BatesvilleBaron @@bluelightstar @@Bulldawg22 @@Bulldog17 @@Colonel Black Bear @@Cianne @@dawgbit @E-Man @@engie @@Leonidas @ @@OlDirtyFaulkner @@Schwinn @@shamoan @@tawoody @@TheODoN @@timNem @@VARebel
      And just for es and giggles @
    • MSSTATE_Texan
      By MSSTATE_Texan
      Even though it should be an easy win for our Bulldog team, Mississippi State has sold out their allotment of tickets for the game September 13th game.
      https://tkt.xosn.com...GORIES_ID=65728
      I'm proud to be apart of the experience on that day with 3 of my friends and represent State in Mobile!
    • ForwardRebels
      By ForwardRebels
      Per the reputable newspaper, The Onion.
      :trollface:
    • Tider27
      By Tider27
      This year we'll be allowing the members to choose the GOTW every Sunday until Monday night. Let's try to be as honest and non-homer as we can be, as this will be the article for the home page that leads to the game thread.