• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PuddingTime

Official 2013-2014 Basketball Thread

5,605 posts in this topic

2013 season is about to tip off with our first exhibition against Transy....aka "The Battle on Broadway."

Thought I'd start a thread for us to discuss our games and stuff during the week until SEC play starts and we have official game threads on here. Mostly this thread will just be me drunk and ranting during games, I'm sure.

Transy wisely playing zone against us. Over/under on how long Poythress takes to do something that pisses me off is 2 minutes. Take the under.

For all the hype the Harrisons and Randle have received, Young may end up being the best player on this team.

I don't like our defensive effort so far. I want total shutdown. Where you at Anthony Davis?

I don't really care for Baker and Conley calling this game with such hubris. Give Transy some props, stay classy, and lets move on.

Well that game was a big fat dose of useless.

Here is the official 2013-2014 basketball thread. The season tips off this Friday.

Friday's games:

North Florida @ Florida

Oklahoma @ Alabama

UNC-Ash @ Kentucky

Wofford @ Georgia

Nicholls St. @ Auburn

SIUE @ Arkansas

SE Louisiana @ Missouri

Buffalo @ Texas A&M

PV A&M @ Mississippi State

Troy @ Ole Miss

Well we got the powerhouse from Montevallo coming into Rupp tonight. I want to see some serious lockdown defensive tenacity. We held Transy to 12 in the second half....let's hold these guys to 10 both halves. Apparently Dwayne Peevy has something to do with this school and why we scheduled them. Who knows...I just want to see 40 minutes of defensive hell. The offense will be fine. But they need that killer instinct on the boards and such with Sparty just around the corner.

Tonight's starting lineup

PG Polson

SG Harrison

SF Young

PF Randle

C Cauley-Stein

I guess Andrew is still gonna be held out if he isn't starting tonight...that or Polson went beast mode in practice over the weekend :D

Kentucky scores for montevallo Lulz....

Not pleased with tonight's performance at all. This is not the #1 team right now and we damn sure aren't ready for Sparty.

MSU will beat us because we are too young to hang....but they'll want no part of us come March.

Not pleased with tonight's performance at all. This is not the #1 team right now and we damn sure aren't ready for Sparty.

why show all your cards ?.....play calling ,play slow don't show em what you got till you have to..

Respect the process. We'll look better with Harrison running point instead of Polson, but still....better defense is needed asap

We haven't looked great thus far in our two exhibition games. Have to iron things but I know its still early. Lots of things to work on.

• jacobp
    • TheRealBrave
      And you keep mistaking me for some ardent Trump fan. Don't know how many times I have to tell you, I voted for Kasich and loved when Mitt Romney tore Trump apart   I am about as far from a protectionist as you will find
    • TheRealBrave
      LSU has this easily, Locke hasn't faced a defense anywhere near LSU's level yet. LSU 24 Mizzou 10
    • L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator