• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SERDI

Moving Tournament to Nashville

20 posts in this topic

I was really glad to hear that the SEC is moving the Tournament more or less permanently to Nashville.

Nashville is a town that follows and appreciates basketball. I personally would love to see the SEC Tournament played at Memorial Gym every year but, Bridgestone is a a great venue and the venue is surrounding by hotels, restaurants, bars, etc. Nashville embraces the tournament. It was just another event for Atlanta.

The fact that Bridgestone is 31 miles from the Kentucky line doesn't hurt either. Even though Mike Slive flat out said "we don't notice anybody's fan base over anyone else's, it saved the tournament last year when so many Kentucky fans continued to fill seats despite the fact UK lost in the first round.

Making it easier on Kentuckians is definitely a smart business decision.

Nashville is the capital of Tennessee and west Kentucky's largest city, and the best basketball city in the SEC not legally inside the Commonwealth.

Im just glad it'll be more difficult for gator fans to get there. Although they didn't exactly flood Atlanta but ya get my point.

Im just glad it'll be more difficult for gator fans to get there. Although they didn't exactly flood Atlanta but ya get my point.

They didn't flood Tampa either.

A couple of years ago the top 5 revenue earners, using current members, in mens basketball were Kentucky, Arkansas,Tennessee, Missouri, and Alabama. Nashville looks like a good location.

Who did? That was a terrible SECT.

Who did? That was a terrible SECT.

Valid point. It was a shatfest. Glad it's in Nashville. Y'all know how to do basketball.

Valid point. It was a shatfest. Glad it's in Nashville. Y'all know how to do basketball.

Fun city. Good venue. And the venue is in a great location. Can leave the BSA and go get s--tfaced without getting in a car.

The GEC/Nashville Arena/Sommet Center/Bridgestone Arena is a much better arena for basketball than converting the Georgia Dome. I know you can't sell as many seats but a lot of the seats that you could sell in the Georgia Dome are too far away. Also basketball in a football dome has weird effects on the players, something about their depth is thrown off by much larger empty spaces.

Lets be honest...don't exactly flood Gainesville.

Love it. I'm going dammit. lanekiffin.gif puddin and his bitch mother

Love it. I'm going dammit. lanekiffin.gif puddin and his bitch mother

That's a helluva drive for you just to have to turn around after the opening round.

I'm having to drive to Jackson TN regular. It ain't that much further to kick a wop

I'm having to drive to Jackson TN regular. It ain't that much further to kick a wop

glutton for punishment. Y'all better pray you're not in our part if the bracket

Even when it's painted blue?

orange and blue....compromise!