• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HFS

Sammie Coates

36 posts in this topic

He is our most explosive WR in a long time. We may finally have a dominant go-to guy like Darvin Adams, only with a bigger upside.

And I completely disagree. D Adams and TZach wouldn't have missed a ball right through their hands. Need to get Marcus Davis more involved, I like that kid now

And I completely disagree. D Adams and TZach wouldn't have missed a ball right through their hands. Need to get Marcus Davis more involved, I like that kid now

I've seen em both do it

yeah I was going to say "got one of him dropping the one that hit him in the hands right before half and lead them to another TD?" hehe

He is pretty beast though.

Right now Marcus Davis is our best reciever

That's ridiculous. He's got good hands and he's an upgrade in the slot, but he doesn't present the problems to a defense that Coates does on a play to play basis. Krieg is right about one thing, if we had a premiere passing QB Coates' numbers would be off the charts right now. He's had 4-5 times this year where he busted loose for a should've-been TD.

That's ridiculous. He's got good hands and he's an upgrade in the slot, but he doesn't present the problems to a defense that Coates does on a play to play basis. Krieg is right about one thing, if we had a premiere passing QB Coates' numbers would be off the charts right now. He's had 4-5 times this year where he busted loose for a should've-been TD.

but he catches the ball when we need him to, and he runs very precise routes.

but he catches the ball when we need him to, and he runs very precise routes.

That makes him solid and clutch. Not our best receiver.

Even Quan Bray has been more productive.

That makes him solid and clutch. Not our best receiver.

Even Quan Bray has been more productive.

we dont beat msu without davis we don't beat A&M without davis....

we dont beat msu without davis we don't beat A&M without davis....

We don't beat State without Uzomah and we don't beat A&M without Coates.

Lots of people factor into the outcome of a football game.

Davis may end up being better, but Coates completely changes the way that our offense is defended and has consistently been productive.

We don't beat State without Uzomah and we don't beat A&M without Coates.

Lots of people factor into the outcome of a football game.

Davis may end up being better, but Coates completely changes the way that our offense is defended and has consistently been productive.

I wonder if we asked nick marshal who our best receiver is right now what he'd say...

I think its better when we don't have A best WR... One big threat can be double teamed and shut down. Multiple productive WRs and TEs spread the D and make it better for everyone.

Can't wait for Dak Williams to get on campus... I think Coates is our best WR right now, no question. Marcus Davis will have the better career.

I think its better when we don't have A best WR... One big threat can be double teamed and shut down. Multiple productive WRs and TEs spread the D and make it better for everyone.

Depends on who your best WR is. If you have a stud like Calvin Johnson or AJ Green...double teams work only so much, they will make catches regardless of how many defenders they have on them. I would rather us have a stud WR and a solid O-line than a bunch of average WR and a solid O-line.

having an elite WR is never ever ever a bad thing, he opens up other players by forcing the "double cover me or I WILL score" scenario. An elite WR combined with a running QB and our already elite RB situation is impossible to defend. literally.

Duckwill Williams might change everything for us next year. I think when he comes in he'll make an immediate impact like Kordell Patterson did @ UT.

Duckwill Williams might change everything for us next year. I think when he comes in he'll make an immediate impact like Kordell Patterson did @ UT.

No trolling here, but Duckwill?

Wtf lol

No trolling here, but Duckwill?

Wtf lol

its like dahiqkwanza or something but no one can spell or say any of those names...dont you watch key and peel?

To be honest, Duckwill wouldn't have been the most fawked up name I've ever heard.

To be honest, Duckwill wouldn't have been the most fawked up name I've ever heard.

haha dicks is though