• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GAMECOCK_FAN

Jadeveon Clowney Working To Return

33 posts in this topic

With the scans he had done, no one can doubt that he is hurt now.

The thing I loved about his interview was he killed them smiling the entire time and not answering stupid questions.

Is it just me or did Spurrier throw Clowney under the bus for not playing?

Yea I do kind of wish he had handled it differently. Star players get hurt and sit out just like everyone else. No one gave Gurley crap for not playing. The whole thing got blown out of proportion. There is some communication issues and it's happened a few times this year with us for some reason.

JD

Yea I do kind of wish he had handled it differently. Star players get hurt and sit out just like everyone else. No one gave Gurley crap for not playing. The whole thing got blown out of proportion. There is some communication issues and it's happened a few times this year with us for some reason.

JD

Hell, everyone has supported Gurley while he healed up. Brought him to Knoxville to support the team. Probably wont play him this weekend either just to make sure hes good to to in two weeks. Thats what you do, IDC if its your kicker, hes part of the team, the family. You treat them like dirt because they get hurt.

I think Spurrier's main rant/issue was that he didn't know Clowney was going to sit until right at game time. Whether it was coaches not informing him or Clowney, I don't know, but it ticked Spurrier off. Either way it was miscommunication somewhere.

I think Spurrier's main rant/issue was that he didn't know Clowney was going to sit until right at game time. Whether it was coaches not informing him or Clowney, I don't know, but it ticked Spurrier off. Either way it was miscommunication somewhere.

The day before the game, ESPN interviewed Spurrier about Clowney not playing... this wasn't a gametime decision.

The day before the game, ESPN interviewed Spurrier about Clowney not playing... this wasn't a gametime decision.

Well, there's a disconnect somewhere because the article I quoted above said: "...when Clowney told the Gamecocks' coaches at the last minute he was too injured to play in the game." and "Clowney didn't tell the coaches that he couldn't play last week against Kentucky until after the team arrived at the stadium."

Plus, the announcers during the telecast were surprised that he wasn't playing.

It wasn't a surprise to me, but ESPN sure makes it sound like it was the biggest news in the world. He had been saying all week his ribs hurt and sat out of practice because of it. I don't see the big deal. The media is to blame...again

JD

Espn sucks a giant donkey dick. Hopefully fox sports will be able to compete eventually

Oh NOW espn sucks a dick. When they were dragging Johnny Manziel through the mud y'all were pointing fingers at his ass and laughing. Damn.....table sure has turned once again.

Oh NOW espn sucks a dick. When they were dragging Johnny Manziel through the mud y'all were pointing fingers at his ass and laughing. Damn.....table sure has turned once again.

You don't think JF is a douche?

JD

Yeah, along with 99% of the Gamecock nation

That was yesterday, now he's great again

OH, Clowney wants to play now?

:trollface:

On a side note, I'm glad Spurrier's s--t talking has finally come back to bite him, if only in the least bit. Makes his team look less unified for sure.... that and his assistants fighting on the sideline

You don't think JF is a douche?

JD

Not at all.

Lol

How can I work an 'Alabama sucks and they cheat' angle into this thread?

Lol

After what's been going on within that Bama program as of lately I believe my opinions should be the the LAST thing on your mind lol! Just sayin.......:D

How can I work an 'Alabama sucks and they cheat' angle into this thread?

I think you just did, well done

I think you just did, well done

It's the Lord's work. I'm just his chosen vessel

LAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZy and can't speak Englisssssssssssssssssssssss

Hopefully he isn't working too hard, at least for another week or so.

JD

gurly didnt take himself out