• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chunkybeefstu

Todd Grantham as Mizzou's next head coach????????

35 posts in this topic

Just talking to a few other Mizzou fans at my nieces birthday party last night and that was the rumor that they had heard... I was just wondering if anyone else had heard anything about this...

Wouldn't that be a little underwhelming?

Pinkel close to retiring?

Grantham's agent starting up the rumors a little early this year huh?

BMFP? Don't act like you guys have standards. I wish we didn't

:trollface:

Pinkel is on his last legs at Missouri. Although if they win more than 7 games I don't see him going anywhere.

Grantham's agent starting up the rumors a little early this year huh?

Don't think the rumors will work for him this time around, won't be anything in it for him this time around

Pinkel is on his last legs at Missouri. Although if they win more than 7 games I don't see him going anywhere.

What do you mean? Like firing him?

I've heard talk of Pinkel retiring no matter how this season goes. As far as underwhelming, Pinkel came from Toledo and while I wouldn't be overly excited with Grantham, I think we could do worse.

BMFP would be my pick if we have to make one after this year.

precisely.

Yeah I just don't know why they would? He's already won 5, pretty big win last night as well.

Yeah I just don't know why they would? He's already won 5, pretty big win last night as well.

I don't think we fire him. I think he retires either way. I don't know enough about Grantham to know if he'd be a decent HC. From the response of the UGA fans it doesn't sound like he would...

I don't think we fire him. I think he retires either way. I don't know enough about Grantham to know if he'd be a decent HC. From the response of the UGA fans it doesn't sound like he would...

He's had one good year as our DC

Last year we VASTLY underperformed

This year we are young on D..... but results have been unacceptable even taking this into account

I don't see Pinkel retiring after this season and based on how our team is performing, we won't be firing him either.

Please let this be true. He actually has the personality to make it as a Head Coach and he is a good recruiter. He needs to simplify his defense, he is way too scheme oriented for college ball.

I've heard talk of Pinkel retiring no matter how this season goes. As far as underwhelming, Pinkel came from Toledo and while I wouldn't be overly excited with Grantham, I think we could do worse.

BMFP would be my pick if we have to make one after this year.

You could do worse I mean you could hire Willie Martinez but right now I don't even know if that is worse.

His defense would work great in the NFL where you've got professionals who's 9-5 job M-F is to learn the defense.

HC material? He couldn't hack it. Can't take criticism.

You could do worse I mean you could hire Willie Martinez but right now I don't even know if that is worse.

.......I mean....Oh no for the love of God don't take Grantham from us! He is arguable the best coach of any kind in all of college football. He is 100% the answer to all of Missouri's problems and the only man that can make Mizzou competitive in SEC!

His defense would work great in the NFL where you've got professionals who's 9-5 job M-F is to learn the defense.

HC material? He couldn't hack it. Can't take criticism.

Sssshhhhhh.....Missouri thinks he is HC material so lets just leave it that way.

I don't see Pinkel retiring after this season and based on how our team is performing, we won't be firing him either.

Listen in the SEC you have to strike while the iron is hot! So regardless of what happens with Pinkel y'all should offer Grantham a bunch of money to be your DC and Head Coach in Waiting.....Trust me on this one.

grantham is an average coordinator, why would anyone go there?

precisely.

He's just tired, we won't fire him, if he stays it'll be so his assistants can keep their jobs until his contract is up, no way he stays past 2017 though. I give it a 10% chance he coaches past that and i'm only 50/50 on him staying for more than 2 years at this point.

• cocky4ever
      Trump also hasn't left a state or campaign in horrible debt....so there's that.
    • Sean
      While investing his money may be a myth, he still underperformed the markets/ his peers by vast margins. Here's a little something from Forbes: http://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesleadershipforum/2016/03/03/has-donald-trump-underperformed-in-the-real-estate-business/#40d464085506
    • Sean
      Multiply it into an empire? That's exaggerating a bit. He grossly under-performed the market over the course of his businesses, left a wake of unpaid workers, lawsuits, and bankruptcies behind him, and still claims to be a "winner" and the best at everything. There's people with a lot more money that him that didn't leave that kind of middle class destruction behind. Call me crazy, but I don't see someone who's lived his entire life in the 1% and is so out of touch with the way people not as fortunate as him lives is suddenly going to be a champion of the middle class. He's lived his entire life in the upper class, s**tting on his middle class workers. What makes YOU think that he's suddenly going to care about you? Trump's run for presidency is all about him and his ego. That's all he talked about on Monday. I didn't hear enough "we" or "America" except when he said he wanted to make it great again. It was all "I have endorsements from.." or "I have property there.." or "I wanted to say something bad about Hillary but didn't and she's a big meany weeny and I think her campaign commercials are mean". There's nothing of substance in almost ANYTHING he says. It's all just babbling about himself and how he's going to fix America without actually giving a plan as to HOW. 
    • TheRealBrave
      I will say 400 yards total for Dobbs
    • TheRealBrave
      Good grief people are we still pretending Trump is somehow a pauper and terrible businessman? How many times does that theory about investing his money have to debunked?
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator