• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GatorDad

Possible that Connor Shaw will start?

26 posts in this topic

Makes no sense to play the kid this soon. I agree, they should handle their business against UK, but UCF gave them a fight......

I think if they are smart they won't let him play.

Don't they another QB that's almost just as good? Thompkins or somethin

Don't they another QB that's almost just as good? Thompkins or somethin

Yeah, Dylan Thompson is the backup. He didn't have a good game last week, but he's had more than enough stellar moments for the team to have full confidence in him.

He's good enough the local sports radio here on Monday was filled with idiots happy Dylan was finally taking over for Connor. Eventually one of the hosts had enough and went on a long diatribe how ridiculous these callers were being. It was awesome, hah.

Yeah, Dylan Thompson is the backup. He didn't have a good game last week, but he's had more than enough stellar moments for the team to have full confidence in him.

He's good enough the local sports radio here on Monday was filled with idiots happy Dylan was finally taking over for Connor. Eventually one of the hosts had enough and went on a long diatribe how ridiculous these callers were being. It was awesome, hah.

Exact same thing happened here in 2010 when Mallett got injured and Wilson came in.

Truth be told...we made a first time starter look like Johnny Unitas last weekend. Thompson should be fine.

Lol

Yeah. I see no reason to push Shaw into service Saturday.

Shaw is a senior. If he has a good week of practice he will start. If his shoulder is hurting him even a little I expect Thompson to start. If Thompson has issues in the game then Shaw will come in.

We will probably know for sure on Thursday who is starting.

Either way it won't matter. With Mike Davis at RB and the way our Oline is playing I could be a QB in this game. Plan on seeing Davis carry the ball like we did with Lattimore in this game.

I seen where USC's Connor Shaw could possibly be back for this weekends game vs UK? The way the announcers talked last weekend, Shaw was going to miss weeks?

If he can't play, thats a huge blow for the Cocks!

Can anybody confirm?

Connor Shaw may start Saturday vs Kentucky

It won't be a huge loss for them this week. The Thompson kid is good.

lol

He set that one up nicely.

Archie played with a broken arm. Suck it up pussy

Archie played with a broken arm. Suck it up pussy

could be why he had more INT's than TD's.

I think we will have an official answer by Friday morning.

Spurrier just said yesterday after practice that Conner Shaw is 100% and will be starting Saturday. But he also did say that we will be playing both he and Thompson in the game at some point.

Miracle of miracles, suddenly he's good to start this Saturday. Wtf

Heard the same as bmcall. Shaw is said to be 100%. much better than 3 weeks for them. Wilds is still out which hurts.

Wilds is out, but Williams will be moving in the bull pen. Another very good back, but very young.

Wilds is out, but Williams will be moving in the bull pen. Another very good back, but very young.

No need to play Williams if we don't have to.