Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDawg

Huntin and Fishin Reports - Post Your Thoughts

210 posts in this topic

Went this morning with my dad to a small lake of some friends. Caught 10 largemouth on a pumpkin chartreuse worm.

Only thing was they were all under 2 lbs.

Planning on going to Enid Lake at some point tomorrow. Haven't had any time so far this year to go yet, so quite looking forward to it. (Bass)

Strippers and hybrids are being caught in 20-35 foot of water around sunken islands on cut bait and live herrings. 10-30 pounders are common. As they push bait fish up pencil poppers are catching a lot of smaller hybrids.

If you are in the clarks hill area I will be launching around 4:30 in the morning out of Big Heart with a baitwell full of herring to try my luck. Free spoiling blue backs over islands and sand bars.

Strippers and hybrids are being caught in 20-35 foot of water around sunken islands on cut bait and live herrings. 10-30 pounders are common. As they push bait fish up pencil poppers are catching a lot of smaller hybrids.

If you are in the clarks hill area I will be launching around 4:30 in the morning out of Big Heart with a baitwell full of herring to try my luck. Free spoiling blue backs over islands and sand bars.

Strippers work hard and are asleep by 4:30...you are wasting you time.

Mast crops are loaded in my neck of the woods. Persimmons turning nicely and just starting to fall. Pinoaks and sawtooth acorns hitting the ground in places. Bow season opens Tues here and most folk are just getting foodplots up. Too dry early and too wet in the last week around here.

Edited by dawgbit

The massive 8-pointer I took video of in my backyard last year is back- along with God-only-knows how many of his family members. They lay up in my yard like a pack of sled dogs...

Raised quail for a number of years. Enjoyed it. Decent side business too if you want to put in the work.

The massive 8-pointer I took video of in my backyard last year is back- along with God-only-knows how many of his family members. They lay up in my yard like a pack of sled dogs...

And when hunting season kicks off you'll never see them again til spring lol!

And when hunting season kicks off you'll never see them again til spring lol!

Oh, no. Not these particular deer. They know I can't kill em in my yard. The houses around me aren't real close, but they are frustratingly situated so as to prevent a clear shot. Bastards.

Oh, no. Not these particular deer. They know I can't kill em in my yard. The houses around me aren't real close, but they are frustratingly situated so as to prevent a clear shot. Bastards.

Those mother lanekiffin.gifers. Two words.....self defense. Just sayin!

BarnettVengeance.jpg

lulz, but kinda awesome...

Don't need.

Do want.

Been seeing a bunch if deer near one of my hunting spots. Hopefully they'll stick around!

Why not just use a rifle at that point?

That's why I don't need.

But I still want some to play with.

Edited by dawgbit

That's why I don't need.

But I still want some to play with.

That is true. Case of beer, a few friends, and some Coleman propane tanks. lol!

Edited by Maroonblood

Missed a couple of 4 pounders yesterday. Trying out a new fiberglass rod and so far I hate it. It feels impossible to get a good hook set

Good thread... I haven't done much lately but get some food plots ready and put up two new stands. I've been fishing here and there but around spring is my time here on Pickwick and Wilson.

Missed a couple of 4 pounders yesterday. Trying out a new fiberglass rod and so far I hate it. It feels impossible to get a good hook set

Carrot stick? You in north Mississippi or where?

Little front and the winter drawdown have the crappie and bass moving back into shallow water here and the g-d shutdown made the corps of engineers barricade all the ramps on Grenada reservoir.

Oh and moved a stand last week. Got in fri. afternoon and watched two does and twin fawns mill around for about and hour on my plot. Got within fifteen yds several times. Hard to wait on that first one of the year, but man it felt great.

Edited by dawgbit

Carrot stick? You in north Mississippi or where?

It's a browning. Jackson area. I stood on the parents pier for 15 minutes. Got pissed and went back inside. It's a good little spot. Small inlet, cypress tree on the near side, and two down pines on the other. Goes from 6 feet deep in. I was running a spinner bait along the ledge at the mouth of the inlet in about 3 foot deep water. They were attacking it from the deep

It's a browning. Jackson area. I stood on the parents pier for 15 minutes. Got pissed and went back inside. It's a good little spot. Small inlet, cypress tree on the near side, and two down pines on the other. Goes from 6 feet deep in. I was running a spinner bait along the ledge at the mouth of the inlet in about 3 foot deep water. They were attacking it from the deep

So around Pearl Miss? I have a Browning David Fritts cranking stick I like alright. I just wondered if you'd jumped on the newest thing... I'm still throwing Castaways and All Stars myself I'd rather put my money in the reels.