• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SECTalk.com

The Book Of Manning To Premiere Tonight

21 posts in this topic

Do you want to see what I saw as a kid? Do you want to see the first modern day qb? Do you want to see somebody play qb while in a cast cause of a broken arm? watch the show.

Once I saw he played against Auburn in the Gator Bowl with a cast I said holy crap, what a badass.

That was well done programming. I've always admired Archie and the way he handles himself.

Great little show, really enjoyed it. Even if the Mannings were a little on the "rapey" side with my Tide.

I was 10 years old in 1969. How could he not be my football hero? I listened to his games with dad by the grill. I saw him play in the pros, college and yes high school before I knew who he was and too young to comprehend. Yes my home town high school beat him his senior year. When his arm got broken msu fans told me they knew a doctor who knew Archie's doctor and his arm was to amputated. Not just kids told me that but adults too. That was when I learned what hate was. When I found out he was cleared to play with a broken arm, remember I was 10-12 years old, I was scared for him. Yet I got to hear him play one more time. At the end of the show they showed him throw the underhanded pass in his back yard. He did that when he had to in a game. When at Houston he threw one 30 yards running full speed after one of his famous scrambles for a first down. That was near the end of his career. He was just plain fun to watch.

Overall a very good show. Good to see archie wanted to be a good father and have the relationship he has with his sons.

My high school english teacher had a spot on this show tonight.

What SEC schools haven't been done? I really hope they do another round of these for everyone.

I honestly had no idea what a damn boss Archie was. Damn man. Scrambling for yardage in the bowl game while his arm was in a cast dangling about like a damn noodle lol

Once I saw he played against Auburn in the Gator Bowl with a cast I said holy crap, what a badass.

I honestly had no idea what a damn boss Archie was. Damn man. Scrambling for yardage in the bowl game while his arm was in a cast dangling about like a damn noodle lol

Now all you non-Ole Miss folks understand just why Archie is such a diety at OM.

I still haven't seen it. Damn you Dirctv

? It's been on like 30 times since last night.

Damn Payton was always crying like a little biyatch when he was young

Was?

What SEC schools haven't been done? I really hope they do another round of these for everyone.

Us.

NB4 Mizzou's not an SEC team

? It's been on like 30 times since last night.

My dish is out till saturday

Yo @@bbqit , what were your thoughts on Peyton going to Tennessee back then?

i don't know why but it really didn't bother me. It should have but we had so many problems going on at the time that I guess I couldn't blame him. the ncaa was sticking it up our ass just short of smu so him not coming wasn't as big a deal to me.