• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOOM

Why is Jake Holland still playing?

73 posts in this topic

He is literally the worst LB I've ever seen, and he should not be wearing that Auburn jersey, because we're known for big, physical LBs, which is the antithesis of Jake Holland. LSU obviously watched tape and purposely decided to pick on him whether it was on the ground or through the air. Really, go back and watch it again. They would run it straight toward Holland, or throw it right over his head. All game long. He gets no penetration, and we didn't really "stop" the run until Kris Frost was in there.

Are his parents on the Auburn payroll? Seriously what's the deal, he lanekiffin.gifing sucks.

Take it easy on the kid. He's a s--tty player but he's still out there representing the school and working hard for the team. We have to work with what we have until the situation improves.

Bring in the gifs, it's comically bad...no lie. I can't see how the coaches look at tape and see that he's still a viable option. I wouldn't care if he's some vocal leader, he's an abortion on the football field that EVERYONE can see.

Hell, I'm a Bammer and it makes me sick to my stomach. Maybe I get a better laugh out of it though too.

I don't feel as bad about the loss last weekend as I did. AU is a better team than I have given them credit for. I still don't like you all, but you did expose LSU some once the rain let up. I think you all also proved that Mett still can't be trusted.

Take it easy on the kid. He's a s--tty player but he's still out there representing the school and working hard for the team. We have to work with what we have until the situation improves.

No. We need to play Kris Frost. We absolutely cannot stop the run with Holland in there, and it's as simple as that.

I'm dead serious; I remember a rumor on Rivals either last year or a year before that Holland is playing because of his father... Are they on the payroll? There's no reason this dude should be playing. Hell Cassanova started making plays left and right when he was in there. JH should be 4th string at best.

we're known for big, physical LBs,

Really? Not trying to troll, but I really dont think of auburn when i think of linebackers

Really? Not trying to troll, but I really dont think of auburn when i think of linebackers

They used to be known for that under Tubbs

Its because you're still a kid and have no concept of football beyond the last 6 or 7 years at best.

Because you don't have anybody better.

That is literally the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Kris Frost...

That is literally the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Kris Frost...

Oh, well in that case I suppose it's just because your coaches are morons. That make you feel better?

Oh, well in that case I suppose it's just because your coaches are morons. That make you feel better?

Yes

Chizik Championships in 4 years: 1

Richt Championships in 13 years: 0

Its because you're still a kid and have no concept of football beyond the last 6 or 7 years at best.

No it's because the only linebackers worth anything that I can think of that attended Auburn were Takeo Spikes, Dansby and Bruce(even if he was a major bust in the NFL he was good in college). Outside of those names who has really been a big, physical linebacker out of Auburn?

Chizik Championships in 4 years: 1

Richt Championships in 13 years: 0

Where's Gene Chizik now?

Where's Gene Chizik now?

He's harder to find than Waldo.

Holland got blew the lanekiffin.gif up by copeland. Looked like a high school kid out there. I have no clue why they think he needs to start. They pull him after they go 21-0 and then we start getting some stops. I think EJ has done a great job with what he has up to this point other than him thinking Holland is a option in the middle. He's like Nieko Thorpe, I can't wait for him to graduate so they have no choice to put his ass back in there.

Holland literally cost us 21 points and lost us the game. Both of those 50 yard runs were right at him and that huge pass play was over his Down's syndrome hands. All three big plays directly leading to their three first half TDs were on Holland. He shouldn't even be on the team anymore.

I'd rather play with 10 players on defense and no MLB because it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever on the field and at least we could feel better about life. We seriously wouldn't see any difference. I'd rather start a middle schooler there... I bet he'd have better angles on the ball.

If Jake Holland didn't start against LSU we'd be 4-0 right now. I have no doubt about that at all.

No. We need to play Kris Frost. We absolutely cannot stop the run with Holland in there, and it's as simple as that.

I'm dead serious; I remember a rumor on Rivals either last year or a year before that Holland is playing because of his father... Are they on the payroll? There's no reason this dude should be playing. Hell Cassanova started making plays left and right when he was in there. JH should be 4th string at best.

Jeff Holland does have some influence in the program, but I try not to believe that's the reason.

Karlos Dansby - NFL linebacker, probowler

Dontarrious Thomas - NFL linebacker

6_18_rage.jpg

Will Herring - Starting NFL linebacker

356569.jpg

Josh Bynes - Starting NFL linebacker

Auburn+v+Alabama+wLnCfxByKdFl.jpg

Ken Birnich - All-American

Ken_Bernich_crop_250.jpg

Gregg Carr - All-American

GreggCarr1_original_display_image.jpg?1330134856

Kurt Crain - All-American

Crain-Kurt.jpg

Craig Ogletree - All-American

Craig_Ogletree_crop_250.jpg

Lol, he's bad but he's not the lone reason you lost to LSU.

That's beyond Tider homer there.

Lol, he's bad but he's not the lone reason you lost to LSU.

That's beyond Tider homer there.

Obviously the muffed punt snap hurt us. Obviously the pathetic QB and WR play in the first half hurt us. Despite those things we still would have been in a position to win it if Holland had never made the team. I don't wish him any ill will in life and he does make a big hit every now and then (When the player runs straight to him...), but he's not a D1 linebacker and I don't understand why we let him pretend to be.