• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Booger

Missouri Vote to Legalize Machine Guns

19 posts in this topic

Plus arrest any federal agents who try to seize them....

I knew Mizzou brought something to the table when we let them into the SEC.

-Washington Times

A new bill confronting Missouri lawmakers and set for vote on Wednesday would give broad rights to gun owners in the state, allowing them to own machine guns and guaranteeing that federal authorities could not seize them.

Any federal agent who did try to confiscate the high-powered weapons, currently banned by federal law, would be arrested, the bill says, as CNN reported.

And one more gun ownership right in the bill: If passed, nobody would be allowed to publish information about those who own the weapons, CNN reported.

“There are people saying this is the same as seceding from the Union,” said gun owner Kevin Jamison in the CNN report. “Missouri did not secede from the Union in 1862, and it does not do so by passing this law.”

The bill’s already received the stamp of approval once from the House and Senate, which are controlled by Republicans. It was ultimately vetoed by Gov. Jay Nixon, who’s a Democrat. But now, lawmakers are launching an override and hoping to pass it into law, and the bill’s sponsor is optimistic about its chances for passage.

“This bill doesn’t put one new gun on the street,” said state Rep. Doug Funderburk. “It strictly says that Missouri is going to protect the Second Amendment rights of Missourians.”

The specifics of House Bill 436, CNN said: The proposal would criminalize any attempt to make gun buyers undergo background checks or publish names of gun owners in any venue. The proposal would let residents own machine guns. The bill would declare it a misdemeanor offense for any federal agent to attempt to enforce federal gun laws that conflict with the state’s provisions.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/11/missouri-moves-legalize-machine-guns-and-outlaw-fe/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

Lol, I would love to see a local cop telling the ATF they are under arrest.

Now if y'all will just take college baseball seriously

Great job mizzou. Now if the rest of the country would just follow the Tigers

As much as I wish it weren't the case, that's not gonna work. Prohibiting state and local law enforcement from helping enforce the federal laws is about as far as you can go...

We may be on the cusp of a real revolution.... people are slowly but surely waking the fk up.

As much as I wish it weren't the case, that's not gonna work. Prohibiting state and local law enforcement from helping enforce the federal laws is about as far as you can go...

right, but Constitutionally, it SHOULD be enough

passing this law is a good 1st step - the 1st step in any recovery is admitting you have a problem

this law at least gets attention and gets people talking

Welcome to the SEC you yankee :lanekiffin:ers

Call us Yankees one mo' time :trollface:

machine-gun.gif

Its always good to see a state stand up for itself when the Feds get too big for their britches.

I didn't see what you said earlier, so is forgetting it good for me or bad???

I said I'd petition Slive to kick Mizzou. You quoted and high fived it.

I said I'd petition Slive to kick Mizzou. You quoted and high fived it.

Ahhh, different thread, threw me off. It's that and the buffalo trace me thinks... Thanks for not kicking us out just yet!

If East St. Louis were on their side if the river I could see why this might be a problem.

• The Architect
      Won't be there. On my bucket list to visit all SEC stadiums, but I got too much ish goin' on in my life right now. I'm with Bandit on this. We take our whuppin', and both teams move on without injuries.
    • TrueGCFan
      Celebrate all you want this week A&M fans because this will be the last week you get to post here.   After the Gamecocks are done with you will only be able to post in the 5-0 thread.  So take that!!!
    • Stefanozz
    • bobbyb0322
      So the big question is, which SEC coach has the least attractive wife now?
    • dawgbit
      Seen it in stores around here. Never tried it, but like most of em, it flies off shelves this time of year. I've had my best luck holding deer in your area with sweet potatoes. They farm em alot around here, and friendly farmers give you culls by the trailer load.  That and rice bran are my go to attractants and camera bait.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      bbqit
      bbqit
    4. 4
      razorhead