• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokeyone

the way too public Adams/Fulmer feud crap

16 posts in this topic

Is a non story and all involved need to make a PB&J sandwich and get over it. We are a week away from the start of a new beginning in UT football. Let's the hasbeens go.

Must not be too public; I don't even know who Adams is and thought Fulmer died of a Krispy Kreme overdose. ;)

Died of a Krispy Kreme overdose. ;)

Died a happy man I hear.

Must not be too public; I don't even know who Adams is and thought Fulmer died of a Krispy Kreme overdose. ;)

Hence it being placed in the UT section of the board where UT fans would be able to discuss a UT family matter.

The gist is Fulmer made some remarks about why he was forced out and still seems bitter about it. And John Adams of the Sentinel took umbridge with it and the two have polluted the sports talk radio and interwebs with a pissing contest for over a week now.

Here is Fulmers first statement http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/08/phillip_fulmer_says_administra.html

Here is link to Adams first strike in this stuff http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/aug/18/john-adams-phillip-fulmer-needs-to-look-in-a/

The timing and content both suck.

I don't give a s--t. I like Fulmer. I would probably be pissed off too if I spent my entire adult life with one university then got forced out, even if it needed to be done(and in this case it did).

Him being bitter isn't surprising, and should be understandable. Even with that bitterness, he still supports UT and is a Vol for Life. Lets just move on.

Died a happy man I hear.

He it at East Tennessee State U helping restart football as an AD special assistant. Speculation is he hopes to get a gig with the UT AD in a few years.

I don't give a s--t. I like Fulmer. I would probably be pissed off too if I spent my entire adult life with one university then got forced out, even if it needed to be done(and in this case it did).

Him being bitter isn't surprising, and should be understandable. Even with that bitterness, he still supports UT and is a Vol for Life. Lets just move on.

Johnny Majors says sup.

Johnny Majors says sup.

What? Majors bitterness towards Fulmer?

Either way, I didn't particularly care for Majors as a coach(well, looking back on it..I wasn't old enough to watch Majors' tenure live). Fulmer was a much better coach in his prime than Majors was.

What? Majors bitterness towards Fulmer?

Either way, I didn't particularly care for Majors as a coach(well, looking back on it..I wasn't old enough to watch Majors' tenure live). Fulmer was a much better coach in his prime than Majors was.

Fulmer screw Majors. Majors won a Natty with Pitt to prove himself for his return to UT and turned around a piss poor UT program before heart surgery allowed Fulmer to taste being head coach. Fulmer used the chance to screw Majors.

Fulmer screw Majors. Majors won a Natty with Pitt to prove himself for his return to UT and turned around a piss poor UT program before heart surgery allowed Fulmer to taste being head coach. Fulmer used the chance to screw Majors.

I know he "screwed" Majors. But he was a better football coach. What Majors did at Pitt has nothing to do with his tenure at UT. He spent 16 years here, which was marred by some inconsistency and never managing to win a title. If I remember right, he left here and went on to suck at Pitt for a few years.

He got the job by stabbing Majors in the back and he's upset that he didn't get to leave on his own terms?

episode-9-jesse-pinkman1-600x350.jpg

Karma, bitch!

Fulmers only mistake was being Old school & he did not keep up with the quickly changing times. As far as being a coach, I thought he was a great one.

Fulmer is the Tubby Smith of football....

....except Tubby wasn't an obese, no account snitch.

I never liked Fulmer, but I respect the man for still supporting UT.

It would be a very hard thing to do, I'm sure.

Either way 10 days before the season starts 5 years after the fact isn't the time to do this in a public setting.

I didn't give a s--t when I heard it, and it's relevance to the current team could be measured in negative numbers.