• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawgfan4life24

UF Senior WR Andre Debose out for season with ACL Injury

16 posts in this topic

As Gator Country reported last night, redshirt senior wide receiver Andre Debose left practice with an apparent knee injury. Brent Pease confirmed that Debose “tweaked” his knee last night during practice. The injury turned out to be more serious than the coaching staff first anticipated when the knee was examined on Wednesday.

Sources told Gatorcountry.com that after having his knee examined further, today it was revealed that Debose tore his ACL and will be out for the season.

The former 5-star recruit has struggled to live up to his high school hype and the sky-high expectations that followed him from Seminole High School in Sanford, Florida. Early reports out of camp seemed to indicate that Debose was realizing that his college career was coming to an end shortly and he was doing the things he needed to do in practice to be successful on the field.

Having already used his redshirt status during his first year on campus, Debose will have to apply for a sixth year of eligibility through a hardship waiver – more commonly referred to as a medical redshirt.

Gator Country will continue to update the story as more news is released.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/redshirt-senior-sidelined-for-season/

Even though hes a Gator i feel bad for this kid. Seems like a damn fine guy and is one hell of an athlete. Prayers are with him for a speedy recovery

Three years of MASSIVE underperformance and I still feel crushed. Poor guy.

Didnt he have knee issues before?

Minor hammy and ankle injuries previously I think.

Damn shame, he is lethal as a KR even if he was awful at WR.

Minor hammy and ankle injuries previously I think.

Damn shame, he is lethal as a KR even if he was awful at WR.

Can he medically redshirt or is he done?

Can he medically redshirt or is he done?

I'm sure he could take a medical redshirt, but I have no idea if he will try for one or not.

He's been our biggest bust in a decade probably.

I'm sure he could take a medical redshirt, but I have no idea if he will try for one or not.

He's been our biggest bust in a decade probably.

Pretty highly recruited out of HS wasnt he? 5 star from FL

Pretty highly recruited out of HS wasnt he? 5 star from FL

He was the next Percy Harvin. HUGE recuit, had everyone all over him.

From reports over the years, he just didn't put in the work it took to become a D1 starter.

Still has all the talent in the world, so I hope he takes a MedRed and comes back.

He was the next Percy Harvin. HUGE recuit, had everyone all over him.

From reports over the years, he just didn't put in the work it took to become a D1 starter.

Still has all the talent in the world, so I hope he takes a MedRed and comes back.

Need to take it easy in the swamp. Too many injuries. Toledo gonna give em a run...

I honestly think he'll be medically redshirted. I feel bad for the guy. Always had the "Next Percy" title but he absolutely hated that and it's the main reason he chose #4 over #1. He has been a headcase thats forsure but the irony in all of this is that a ton of reports were coming out that he actually had his head screwed on right this season and he was looking like the guy who he was recruited to be. Its a shame.

He was always supposed to have a breakout season but this is the first offseason that I've heard him acknowledge his shortcomings.

I've heard that UF was thin at WR before this. Where was Debose on the depth chart?

I didn't think you could take a medred if you took a RS. Maybe you can with a waiver. He could have like 3 degrees. It sucks for him having been on the team for 4 full years and then to get injured. It's almost like... "Well you had all of these chances..." Any time a player goes down with injury it is disappointing. Best of luck to him ...... and to the Gators this season!

Sorry to hear that for the Gator fans, Debose was a speed burner, wasn't it him that got the big deep ball against Bama to start the game a few years ago? Sometimes the effect of a deep vertical threat like that on the field is not measurable just in statistics because the defense has to account for it.