• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BulldawgFan

Dish has screwed up...

40 posts in this topic

I recently got Dish about month ago. I loved he service so far. Tech that did the install was great. Even got a free Ipad2 ,but here it is a month before season kickoff and they cannot reach an agreement with fox6. So I have no fox channel and I'm a huge packer fan. If I'm understanding this correctly fox carries all the nfc games that get showed besides whats aired on sunday ticket which dish doesn't offer either. I'm really hopeful they will reach an agreement before the season starts.

I recently got Dish about month ago. I loved he service so far. Tech that did the install was great. Even got a free Ipad2 ,but here it is a month before season kickoff and they cannot reach an agreement with fox6. So I have no fox channel and I'm a huge packer fan. If I'm understanding this correctly fox carries all the nfc games that get showed besides whats aired on sunday ticket which dish doesn't offer either. I'm really hopeful they will reach an agreement before the season starts.

Over the air antenna

You don't have the NATIONAL Fox network? That seems bizarre. My folks recently dropped Dish because they couldn't reach an agreement with Fox, but the channels they didn't get were the Fox sports channels. Big FOX they still got. I can't believe that you won't get that. Dish is seriously a terrible company. They've given their subscribers headaches for years now by not paying out for certain networks and as a result losing coverage of many sporting events.

Over the air antenna

I know I can get it free over the air ,but not really sure how to properly set that up. Don't I need some sort of converter box to connect to my tv?

No NBC either

When did that go out? I've got that game recording tonight on there! I'm gonna be so pissed!!!!!

When did that go out? I've got that game recording tonight on there! I'm gonna be so pissed!!!!!

Idk. My parents told me yesterday they didn't have either. I have direct

What yall talking about? I have dish and the only problem I have is they are not showing like 50 of the Brave games this year.

What yall talking about? I have dish and the only problem I have is they are not showing like 50 of the Brave games this year.

At midnight on the 31st Dish and Raycom could not come to an agreement so all of Raycom's channels went off air. Aparently that include nbc and abc which I was not aware off. I'm about to have a breakdown knowing I'm not going to get my football fix tonight like I thought I was.

I heard this over the radio the other day. It's not gonna last considering the tv market it covers. There's already a lot of upset folks considering football starts soon.

Over the air antenna

I had been a DirecTV customer ever since they bought out PrimeStar back in the 90's about a month ago I swapped over from DirecTV to our local cable. Here's why....

Old Plan;

DirectTV: $120.00 per month

Phone & Internet: $70.00 per month for local phone only and 1.5 meg internet speed.

That was a total of $190.00 per month

New plan

Cable, Pone & Internet bundle with 3 meg internet speed: $140.00 per month

Saving $50 per month, still have all the channels we watch (did lose some channels but none we actually watch. Only downside is a few of the channels we use to have in HD are now standard deff.), now have like 2 hours free long distance (but we really don't use the home phone since we have cell phones), and with double the internet speed playing games on line or streaming though Netflix is smooth as can be. On top of this I no longer worry about losing signal every time it comes more than a shower. And on top of all this, I can even watch replays of our hometown HS football games... all while saving $50 per month.

I had been a DirecTV customer ever since they bought out PrimeStar back in the 90's about a month ago I swapped over from DirecTV to our local cable. Here's why....

Old Plan;

DirectTV: $120.00 per month

Phone & Internet: $70.00 per month for local phone only and 1.5 meg internet speed.

That was a total of $190.00 per month

New plan

Cable, Pone & Internet bundle with 3 meg internet speed: $140.00 per month

Saving $50 per month, still have all the channels we watch (did lose some channels but none we actually watch. Only downside is a few of the channels we use to have in HD are now standard deff.), now have like 2 hours free long distance (but we really don't use the home phone since we have cell phones), and with double the internet speed playing games on line or streaming though Netflix is smooth as can be. On top of this I no longer worry about losing signal every time it comes more than a shower. And on top of all this, I can even watch replays of our hometown HS football games... all while saving $50 per month.

Outside of the elderly like vader here who really needs home phones anymore? I really think eventually the won't be offered anymore.

I don't have anything service at the moment, but I'll probably have it installed in the next couple months.

Had dish for years and have never missed a game.

If I gave a s--t about the NFL I'd get directv. But I don't. I prefer Dish's set up and the Hopper is way better than the Directv Genie

Over the years I have had Comcast and Directv. Since I moved back to my hometown a few years back I use the local power company's fiber optic service. 60mg internet, dvr, and the enhanced tv package for $125 per month. Tough to beat that anywhere. Actually I experimented this year with cutting the cable and used USTVNOW and the various streaming choices. Saved about 30 bucks per month but with football coming back I am getting the cable put back in.

RTR

I know I can get it free over the air ,but not really sure how to properly set that up. Don't I need some sort of converter box to connect to my tv?

If they are HD TVs no.

If they are HD TVs no.

I have one tv and yes its a hd visio tv. What do I need to do?

USTVNOW has a free version and a version that includes ESPN, TBS, TNT,etc, and network channels. It has a cloud dvr and is like $35 per month. You will nead a ROKU which costs like $45.

RTR

How far are you from an area that broadcasts tv? Huntsville, Birmingham, Mobile etc?

RTR

Buy an HD antenna and hook it up. Then do a channel search to locate the over the air network channels you get.

I have direct and about to just use Netflix, hulu+, amazon and over the air. I don't do a home phone and run Comcast internet (25 megs) and can cut my bill by over a 1000 a year by cutting that bill. Espn360 will have my Vols when they are not over the air. The wife will get every thing but big bang theory so its just a matter of researching antennas to make it happen.

How far are you from an area that broadcasts tv? Huntsville, Birmingham, Mobile etc?

RTR

I set one up at a hunting cabin and got 12 channels including a few from over 150 miles away. But that was pretty HD. I would imagine the range for HD is close.