• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bulldawg28

Riley Cooper

103 posts in this topic

Gotta disagree with ya on this one....mainly just because he put the "r" on the end.

- I will fight every nigga here.

no problem with that

- I will fight every nigger here.

big problem with that

Huge difference between those two statements.

No telling how many times that word gets slung around on a daily basis in an nfl facility.

Gotta disagree with ya on this one....mainly just because he put the "r" on the end.

no problem with that

big problem with that

Nigga, Nigger, Blacky, Spot, monkey, spook......Doesn't matter. Using the word doesn't make him racist. If so, who cares.

My only problem is how he handled it and said it was the only time in his life that he said the word. Bulls--t. Just own up to it and move on.

If it were Calvin Johnson saying "I'll beat every crackers ass" while drunk, it wouldn't even hit the news.

There is obviously a double standard in todays society, and it's sickening.

Nigga, Nigger, Blacky, Spot, monkey, spook......Doesn't matter. Using the word doesn't make him racist. If so, who cares.

Well I agree with that part. Using the word doesn't necessarily make him racist. Generally people who aren't racist don't use that word in that context though. But he's probably had lots of black friends and there is no way to tell. As far as who cares....I don't really care what he says. But I'm sure some of his teammates and Eagles fans do.

Plus like they were saying on the radio yesterday, it just invites more division...and may turn what would otherwise be a non issue into a possible issue. Say Vick is looking for targets. What if Cooper is open and Vick doesn't throw him the ball. Was it because he didn't see him, or was it because Vick has a problem with him? Cooper was/is a good deal because the cost/potential ratio....but if it brings those types of problems to the locker room it's not worth it.

If it were Calvin Johnson saying "I'll beat every crackers ass" while drunk, it wouldn't even hit the news.

There is obviously a double standard in todays society, and it's sickening.

I agree there is a double standard to an extent...but I'd like to believe Calvin Johnson saying that would make the news. Especially in todays age of 24/7 media and mobile uploads.

Well I agree with that part. Using the word doesn't necessarily make him racist. Generally people who aren't racist don't use that word in that context though. But he's probably had lots of black friends and there is no way to tell. As far as who cares....I don't really care what he says. But I'm sure some of his teammates and Eagles fans do.

Plus like they were saying on the radio yesterday, it just invites more division...and may turn what would otherwise be a non issue into a possible issue. Say Vick is looking for targets. What if Cooper is open and Vick doesn't throw him the ball. Was it because he didn't see him, or was it because Vick has a problem with him? Cooper was/is a good deal because the cost/potential ratio....but if it brings those types of problems to the locker room it's not worth it.

If Vick thinks like that he needs to be cut.

Well Vick probably needs to be cut anyway....but that's a different story

I think it's stupid that the entire world is so desperate to save face.

The Eagles fine him and send him to sensitivity training?

Everyone overreacts because people are terrified of having the race card played against them.

This is ridiculous.

Fuq Michael Vick. Hope that dude gets hit by a bus and drug under it for miles.

Well Vick probably needs to be cut anyway....but that's a different story

From Ear to Ear my friend.

Also, I hate Riley Cooper more than any former player we've ever had, for any sport.

Its a shame the race card is still being played. Heck that its even still in the deck. I dont know how anyone can love sports, Baseball, basketball, football w/e and have a problem with black people.

LIke that stupid saying, "dont judge a book by its cover." I'll will form my opinion about someone base on what someone does not what the look like.

Its a shame the race card is still being played. Heck that its even still in the deck. I dont know how anyone can love sports, Baseball, basketball, football w/e and have a problem with black people.

I think you are confused about what the race card is haha

I think you are confused about what the race card is haha

No im not. Lol i know its being spun in reverse now but the same logic applies

Depends on the definition of the word...but since you can't explain yourself 24/7....WATCH WHAT THE lanekiffin.gif YOU SAY IN PUBLIC. You can "explain" yourself to your teammates and people close to you, but your name will surely have a black mark on it for the most part.

no problem with that

big problem with that

you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg

you-went-full-retard-never-go-full-retard.jpg

So we just gonna act like we don't know the difference between nigga and nigger??

So we just gonna act like we don't know the difference between nigga and nigger??

Are we going to act like a single "r" makes a difference

no problem with that

big problem with that

R u black?