Noah

Word on the street

1,548 posts in this topic

What's scary is you forgot Chris Black. I've never seen our WR talent this deep before...ever.

Holy crap I totally forgot about him. What this means is they're all not gonna be happy with AJ because they're not gonna get enough passes thrown to them lol.

Trey DePriest was just suspended for violation of team rules. Anyone got any other info?

What's scary is you forgot Chris Black. I've never seen our WR talent this deep before...ever.

I was just getting ready to mention him. Can't wait to see him play!

For the next series of Rich Man's Problems... let's discuss Alabama's linebackers.

Alabama returns 11 players with experience.... that doesn't leave much room for incoming freshman, Reuben Foster.

Discuss....

Just goes to show how much of a dumb move Foster made. He would be starting at Auburn. We NEEDED lb's.

The opener is looking like a real dud. :(

"I assume your sarcastic response means you DON'T believe it will be a painful 60 minutes versus Alabama. Maybe you can explain why you're optimistic."

http://www.techsidel...2621#post832621

VT is riddled with injuries and lack of depth. Their "strong" point is an inconsistent QB that everyone loves and a decent DL. It may be close for a half. Maybe.

On the WRs, we could see a little more 5 wide. We did this with McElwain some, and we have a ton of depth to keep defenses honest. I was going to say, how can you guys forget about Christ Black? He was rumored to be better than Cooper in the practices leading up to the season, he may see more action than most.

As for the OL, I'm a little worried about our pass blocking ability. We may not have time for some deep balls this season, which will limit us stretching the field. But this coaching staff will know our limitations, extra tight end sets with some play-action will solve the deep routes. Especially with these WRs who can get separation. We have great depth, it's just not experienced. There were a lot of guys who got real game times snaps last season with our many mop up endings to games however. I really wish we had a 2nd game before the A&M one, to let these guys gel if anything else.

Our secondary will be interesting to follow. It could end up being a question mark if we have any injuries, but there is an insane amount of talent back there.

On the WRs, we could see a little more 5 wide. We did this with McElwain some, and we have a ton of depth to keep defenses honest. I was going to say, how can you guys forget about Christ Black? He was rumored to be better than Cooper in the practices leading up to the season, he may see more action than most.

As for the OL, I'm a little worried about our pass blocking ability. We may not have time for some deep balls this season, which will limit us stretching the field. But this coaching staff will know our limitations, extra tight end sets with some play-action will solve the deep routes. Especially with these WRs who can get separation. We have great depth, it's just not experienced. There were a lot of guys who got real game times snaps last season with our many mop up endings to games however. I really wish we had a 2nd game before the A&M one, to let these guys gel if anything else.

Our secondary will be interesting to follow. It could end up being a question mark if we have any injuries, but there is an insane amount of talent back there.

I think Chris Black was going to be the starter before he was injured. Did we ever get lucky when Amari stepped in and really took charge! I would love to see both of them burning up the field.

Black was the starter before he went down against Tennessee, Cooper played in the opener and was on the rotation - he got the chance to really shine by being our best deep threat.

Black was the starter before he went down against Tennessee, Cooper played in the opener and was on the rotation - he got the chance to really shine by being our best deep threat.

I think you mean DeAndrew White and Ole Miss haha. Black was redshirted last year because he hurt his shoulder at fall camp. And yes, I forgot about him, my bad. And I'm not sure if Black was actually ahead of Cooper, I don't remember if Black came in the spring like Cooper did. That's one of the reasons people are so high on Falkins this year.

I think you mean DeAndrew White and Ole Miss haha. Black was redshirted last year because he hurt his shoulder at fall camp. And yes, I forgot about him, my bad. And I'm not sure if Black was actually ahead of Cooper, I don't remember if Black came in the spring like Cooper did. That's one of the reasons people are so high on Falkins this year.

Yea I'm mixing up my colors again. Black was injured early on and we thought that we had good depth there so he took a RS. He was doing well last fall.

Just another shout out to Chiz for getting Reuben ready for us. He's # 2 on the depth chart and slated for action Saturday.

-413c7ca2b6dc8753.JPG

Yea I'm mixing up my colors again. Black was injured early on and we thought that we had good depth there so he took a RS. He was doing well last fall.

This is not a Black and White issue.

... damn, I've been waiting to use that line, thanks for the setup.

Alabama is 19-1 straight-up and 12-8 against the spread in its last 20 games as double-digit favorites.

Now how do you like those odds?

Can we borrow just a few of those guys?? Phuleeez?

It will boost your strenght of schedule....

It wasn't that long ago that Alabama football has become irrelevant. And now today, we have a fresh perspective in Tuscaloosa. Folks are actually in panic mode because there's a sign.... a possibility that Alabama may not have a championship caliber team.

Barrett Jones: "I have two take aways. First of all, we obviously have a lot of work to do. That's no secret. I'm sure they're talking about it in the building. But I think the second take away is we have the players to get there. It's definitely way too early to panic. I feel like everyone is panicking saying 'we're in trouble, there's no chance they can win the national championship.'

Edited by Noah

AJ's girls....

13351596-mmmain.jpg

blog.al.com/live/2013/09/katherine_webb.html

Momma is more lanekiffin.gifable than Katherine...............sheeeeit

Word on the street is,

Tebow is flying to Gainesville to help Driskel with his throwing mechanics.

Momma is more :lanekiffin:able than Katherine...............sheeeeit

Dem Tittays... Damn id break his mother in half.

Coach Bryant would've turned 100 today. Happy Birthday Coach.

13387235-mmmain.jpg

Edited by Noah

Post A&M. Belue's got hurt toe, maybe turf toe. Norwood seen walking with crutches. Our CBs were among the thinnest positions, missing Belue is gonna hurt.

And where the lanekiffin.gif was Geno Smith?? Damn kid needs to get out of the dog house quick.

The lyrics? Why sure. Here ya go:

Out in the badlands they call College Station

Lives a young Aggie named Johnny Manziel

Football and life were to him a bull ride

He rode them both like a bat out of Hell

He shocked the nation by beating the best…

Flattening out the Tide

The Heisman came calling, the agent came crawling

But through it all Johnny Football did ride

Now our young Aggie’s no long a hero

He was a target of public disdain

Another victim of fame and fortune

“What’s wrong with Johnny?” became the refrain

Then came the white hats to end his scourge…

The NCAA

When they tried to bind him he said that he signed them

And six hours later they said it’s OK

Now it’s behind us, the dust has settled

Johnny Manziel is back for a ride

Saturday’s game was one for the ages

Not quite enough to roll over the Tide

I hope we all can admire his talents

I hope we don’t have to witness his fall

We might not all say what we did in our 20s

But we will all say that we watched Johnny Football

Edited by Noah

The lyrics? Why sure. Here ya go:

Out in the badlands they call College Station

Lives a young Aggie named Johnny Manziel

Football and life were to him a bull ride

He rode them both like a bat out of Hell

He shocked the nation by beating the best…

Flattening out the Tide

The Heisman came calling, the agent came crawling

But through it all Johnny Football did ride

Now our young Aggie’s no long a hero

He was a target of public disdain

Another victim of fame and fortune

“What’s wrong with Johnny?” became the refrain

Then came the white hats to end his scourge…

The NCAA

When they tried to bind him he said that he signed them

And six hours later they said it’s OK

Now it’s behind us, the dust has settled

Johnny Manziel is back for a ride

Saturday’s game was one for the ages

Not quite enough to roll over the Tide

I hope we all can admire his talents

I hope we don’t have to witness his fall

We might not all say what we did in our 20s

But we will all say that we watched Johnny Football

goin' platinum