• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.
Noah

Word on the street

1,066 posts in this topic

I thought we needed a central location to collect all of the rumors that I'm gonna start. So if you have one better then log it here.

1. Alabama has just activated the gray shirt freshman OL Brad Bozeman. Which means that Christobal believes Bozeman is ready to play OR the offense line seriously lacks depth.

Edited by Noah

Depth at QB and on the O-line are probably our Achilles heel. If we lose a premier player at either of those spots (AJ, Cyrus, Steen, etc)...we're going to have to rely on somebody significantly less seasoned/experienced. Heard Phil Savage remark about that on the radio the other day. Interesting that they're giving Bozeman a shot, but as you said...might be necessary more than anything.

Anyone else see rumors about LaMichael Fanning working with the tight ends?

He'll beast at TE if he can catch the balls.

The scholly opened up because Darius Paige is medically DQ-ed as you may know by now.

Heard on the radio it'll be for 5 practices just to experiment.

Hey guys whats the deal with Darius Page not passing his physical?

Hey guys whats the deal with Darius Page not passing his physical?

Not much info out there but I'm hoping it isn't Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy or his heart in general. It's normally the Heart or Spine that cause players to get medically disqualified.

Not much info out there but I'm hoping it isn't Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy or his heart in general. It's normally the Heart or Spine that cause players to get medically disqualified.

ok so you are hearing the same things i am.... or just in general there is something wrong

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is no joke. Enlarged heart and most common killer of umdiagnosed athletes. They literally will just drop dead. Where have you heard this?

With the addition of Robert Foster today WR is the deepest position at Alabama. Last week, it was the 11 LB rotation. On NSD it was RB....

So much for SKILL position. It doesn't mean s--t if offensive line can't pick up a stunting LB blitz.... or the noseguard can't block a kick while double teamed.

Edited by Noah

Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is no joke. Enlarged heart and most common killer of umdiagnosed athletes. They literally will just drop dead. Where have you heard this?

I haven't heard anything just speculation.

Hopefully it isn't to serious and he can find somewhere that will clear him like Jarvis Jones.

It's now or never for Jalston Fowler and Tana Patrick and I expect those boys to surprise everyone with breakout performances.

So who are you watching?

Def watching Nudie...Hes gonna hurt some poor LB

Fowler's been working with the H backs some. He would make one hell of a FB/H back imo. Plus that means more carries for Henry

I am confused by the sudden experiment of LaMichael Fanning at TE. Is this a desperate attempt to find a role for Fanning or is Brian Volger on the hot seat?

Welcome to another ongoing episode of Rich Man Problems...

How many WR can Alabama play at once?

Let me list the WR names for you. Amari Cooper, Kevin Norwood, DeAndrew White, Kenny Bell, Christion Jones, and now freshman Robert Foster..... and what about scatback Dee Hart.

I've got $50 that says Nussmeier introduces the spread to the Capstone.

bleacherreport.com/articles/1727713-alabama-football-tide-receivers-are-more-than-amari-cooper-and-everyone-else

You're forgetting OJ Howard and Raheem Falkins who benefited having spring ball over Foster. AJ loves Falkins too, guy can catch any ball thrown his way. We def have depth at WR

As far as Fanning at TE, I think Saban wants him on the field, 6'7 270lb athlete. He's only supposed to be at TE for 5 practices, so we'll see after that.

I just don't see how bell and falkins are

gonna get the snaps with Cooper, Norwood and bell prolly starting and deandrew and Jones spelling those but I also can't see them being redshirted

Edited by Haymaker

They have the players to spread it out and throw for 60 minutes. It would be about like NS to give some of these teams a dose of their own medicne.

I just don't see how bell and falkins are

gonna get the snaps with Cooper, Norwood and bell prolly starting and deandrew and Jones spelling those but I also can't see them being redshirted

I think you mean Howard instead of Bell haha.

It's already gonna be a battle to see who starts. You have Cooper who will def start at one spot, then you have Norwood, Christion Jones, Kenny Bell, Deandrew White fighting for the other 2 starting spots. And from what I've been hearing White's been tearing it up at practice. So without any incoming freshmen there's already 5 good options. Throw in OJ Howard, Falkins, and Robert Foster, our second string WRs are gonna be better than most teams' starters.

Shotgun, 5 wideouts & OJ Howard....or Fowler in motion. West Coast Offense for the first series of the seccond half.

If I was OC I would never be able to decide what to run based on the abundance of top performing personnel.

I think you mean Howard instead of Bell haha.

It's already gonna be a battle to see who starts. You have Cooper who will def start at one spot, then you have Norwood, Christion Jones, Kenny Bell, Deandrew White fighting for the other 2 starting spots. And from what I've been hearing White's been tearing it up at practice. So without any incoming freshmen there's already 5 good options. Throw in OJ Howard, Falkins, and Robert Foster, our second string WRs are gonna be better than most teams' starters.

What's scary is you forgot Chris Black. I've never seen our WR talent this deep before...ever.

For the next series of Rich Man's Problems... let's discuss Alabama's linebackers.

Alabama returns 11 players with experience.... that doesn't leave much room for incoming freshman, Reuben Foster.

Discuss....

Edited by Noah

What's scary is you forgot Chris Black. I've never seen our WR talent this deep before...ever.

The list of WRs continues to grow. So far it's Chris Black, Amari Cooper, Kevin Norwood, DeAndrew White, Kenny Bell, Christion Jones, and now freshman Robert Foster, Raheem Falkins, ArDarius Stewart.

The spread is definitely on this game plan...