• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawgfan4life24

USC Looking Into Jadeveon Clowney, Jay-Z Reports

38 posts in this topic

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - The University of South Carolina's athletics department is looking into reports that star defensive end Jadeveon Clowney may have had contact with rap mogul Jay-Z.

Jay-Z, who's real name is Shawn Carter, has recently started a talent represenative agency for athletes called Roc Nation Sports. Earlier this summer, he made a splash when he signed Kevin Durant of the NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder to a deal.

Darren Heitner, a sports attorney and writer, sent a tweet Monday citing "Inside the League," a football insider website. The report claimed Clowney was in "regular contact" with Jay-Z about possibly signing with the rapper's

companyicon1.png. The report did not list any sourcing for that claim.

An Instagram account believed to be operated by Clowney posted a link to an article discussing the report. Below the post was written "You kno [sic] we about to turn up. Dream coming true."

A spokesman for the USC athletics department said the school's compliance

officeicon1.png was aware of what's being circulated and is looking into the reports.

During a live interview with ESPN's Chris Fowler Tuesday afternoon, USC Head Coach Steve Spurrier was asked about the report.

"All of our conversations [with Clowney] are wait until you have played your last game at South Carolina," Spurrier said. "When the bowl game is over this coming season he's free to accept any amount of money anybody wants to give him. But until then he has to be a student-athlete like all the other guys or he's not going to be eligble. He's done a good job of knowing that."

NCAA bylaws prevent players from agreeing in writing or verbally to be represented by an agent. Any athlete who does is ruled ineligible.

Unless he is taking gifts or someone has video/audio its hard to prove.

Yea I don't think they will find anything. But with the reports of him speaking with Jazzy-z they have to look into it.

Nothing against the rules for him to talk to Jay-Z

He can even discuss signing with him in the future- he just can't actually sign or take any money or other types of gifts.

Is it wrong? No

Is it dumb as lanekiffin.gif? Yes

Why would you sign with anyone without hearing all of your options.

Clowney will have no shortage of endorsement offers. If i were him id focus on school and football.

This is all about if he has agreed to anything or taken anything from him.

If not or no proof then this is all smoke.

Also- keep in mind, Jay-Z is not recognized as an agent by the NFLPA

Nothing against the rules for him to talk to Jay-Z

He can even discuss signing with him in the future- he just can't actually sign or take any money or other types of gifts.

NCAA bylaws prevent players from agreeing in writing or verbally to be represented by an agent. Any athlete who does is ruled ineligible.

See my previous post

Jay-Z isn't an agent.

Yet.

What happens when Clowney verbally agrees to sign with him, then before this season is complete, he is recognized as an agent?

Like Spurrier said in his comments, wait until you can sign before doing anything. Morons get antsy and make dumb mistakes.

Yet.

What happens when Clowney verbally agrees to sign with him, then before this season is complete, he is recognized as an agent?

Like Spurrier said in his comments, wait until you can sign before doing anything. Morons get antsy and make dumb mistakes.

OK- so lets say Clowney verbally agrees to sign with him.

Prove it. Unless the verbal agreement was recorded, thats going to be hard to do.

OK- so lets say Clowney verbally agrees to sign with him.

Prove it. Unless the verbal agreement was recorded, thats going to be hard to do.

I'm not saying anything will come of it. I'm saying, if true, he's an idiot. He's a guaranteed millionnaire, he should be able to wait 6 months.

Jay Z is a licensed agent already with the NBA and MLB and is in the process of being so with the NFL. Also, considering he's the major stakeholder in a sports agency, I don't think the "he's not an agent" excuse would fly.

Not that I believe there's anything to this story.

I don't know of it happened or not. But most fans would be dumb to think this doesn't happen at every major school in the nation.

It is all about proof.

I'm not saying anything will come of it. I'm saying, if true, he's an idiot. He's a guaranteed millionnaire, he should be able to wait 6 months.

True or not he will have companies lined up out the door to pay millions to pomp their stuff.

This season may be USC's best chance to stake a claim to being national elite. Any controversy surrounding the best player on the team is cause for major concern, and it's good that USC is treating it that way.

Clowney is a thug! Kick his ass off the team!!

Clowney is a thug! Kick his ass off the team!!

Fire everyone!

Out for blood. Haha

weak sauce. Besides everyone knows the NCAA is irrelevant these days. Oooooo...the NCAA is "investigating." Oh that's just great, now we won't be on television for two weeks.

weak sauce. Besides everyone knows the NCAA is irrelevant these days. Oooooo...the NCAA is "investigating." Oh that's just great, now we won't be on television for two weeks.

Think its USC investigating.

• jacobp
      Mizzou by 6
    • TheRealBrave
      And you keep mistaking me for some ardent Trump fan. Don't know how many times I have to tell you, I voted for Kasich and loved when Mitt Romney tore Trump apart   I am about as far from a protectionist as you will find
    • TheRealBrave
      LSU has this easily, Locke hasn't faced a defense anywhere near LSU's level yet. LSU 24 Mizzou 10
    • L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator