• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herschel Talker

Ron Zook now works at a small community bank

16 posts in this topic

Ignore all the stupid trash talking in the link. But there is a link to the bank's website with the Zooker way down on the right. The dude is a multi-millionaire....seems odd??

http://www.thesports..._medium=twitter

Ron Zook got a $2.6 million dollar buyout from the University of Illinois. Ron Zook made a lot of money when he coached the Illini. He made even more money when he coached a much higher profile program in the Florida Gators. The Zooker has had many good paying coaching gigs in this life. He was once even defensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints!

Yet, here he is, working in a bank. Not a glamorous high powered Wall Street investment bank a short walk from the New York Stock Exchange. No, no, no. Ron Zook is a middle manager at a small little local bank in Ocala, Florida. Yes, he’s working in some town you’ve never heard of, in a boring, mundane local branch, just like the pedestrian bank in your town.

Does this make any sense at all? Is the Zookster just one of those people that has to keep working all the time? You know the type of person that works just for the sake of working. I bet Ron Zook is great at recruiting clients to sign up for free checking! He’s just probably terrible at coaching them in how to save and earn interest!

Look at the website for Gateway Bank in Ocala, Florida. Scroll down, way down to the right hand side. You’ll see him right there.

Ron Zook

Business Development Officer

Email Ron

He obviously is horrible with money.

Of course he should work for a bank......

You gotta do something if you live in Ocala, otherwise you would off yourself

You gotta do something if you live in Ocala, otherwise you would off yourself

he should probably just...you know........take some money and move.

I can't believe he would even show his face in this state.

“That’s my legacy to the profession,” he says. “I’m the first guy who had a FireTheCoach.com website. I had no chance. From the day I walked into the introductory press conference, I was fired.”

-Ron Zook

He obviously is horrible with money.

Of course he should work for a bank......

Nah he is good at getting it to come to the bank, he is just terrible managing it once he gets it.

“That’s my legacy to the profession,” he says. “I’m the first guy who had a FireTheCoach.com website. I had no chance. From the day I walked into the introductory press conference, I was fired.”

-Ron Zook

There's no replacing Spurrier, period. I can't wait to see it happen to Bama. No offense to the Bama guys cause they're all good posters on here but, JC enough with the winning already.

There's no replacing Spurrier, period. I can't wait to see it happen to Bama. No offense to the Bama guys cause they're all good posters on here but, JC enough with the winning already.

No, that did suck for him.

But there was NO reason to lose 5 games every year at Florida.

None.

No, that did suck for him.

But there was NO reason to lose 5 games every year at Florida.

None.

Yea, I'm not saying you guys jumped the gun as proven by his record at Illinois. I'm just saying he had to win 10/year and some SEC titles to keep his job. If I was a great coach I don't know that I would ever replace a legend, top 5 job or not.

Yea, I'm not saying you guys jumped the gun as proven by his record at Illinois. I'm just saying he had to win 10/year and some SEC titles to keep his job. If I was a great coach I don't know that I would ever replace a legend, top 5 job or not.

I don't know if I would chance that either.

Guess that's why I'm not in coaching, ha.

TUG@UnsportsmanGent3m

/hands Ron Zook million dollar check to deposit /returns months later to withdraw "Sorry, your money was eaten by boll weevils."

I'm wasting my morning reliving 2002-2004 by reading the FireRonZook website.

I still lanekiffin.gifing hate him.

You mean like Gene Stallings?

I can't believe he would even show his face in this state.

He is old and he lives in florida.... is this even surprising?

He is old and he lives in florida.... is this even surprising?

Considering the number of people that wouldn't brake for him crossing the street, yes.

I'm hoping it won't be 1984 all over again, but given past coaching changes at The Capstone and other schools following the departure of a winning coach, the odds are not good that it won't.