• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

L.A.Hog

Brad Stevens to Celtics

29 posts in this topic

I was a little surprised by this move on Boston's part.I like Stevens and wouldn't mind having him as our coach,he's done a fine job at Butler.I kinda hate to see him leave the college game,though I don't blame him.It'll be interesting to see how the older players take to him.

Yeah,but this little fella just won the lottery.He'll get plenty rich no matter how it turns out and if he fails there will be plenty of college offers if he decides to coach at that level again.Dream come true for this kid.

This is a win/win for Brad Stevens, he'll get paid and give the pro-game a shot. You never know I guess, he could be a big motivator for NBA players. Either way like L.A. said, he'll get paid and then have his pick of schools if he chooses to return to college.

I thought this was a sacrificial lamb hire while the Celtics rebuild, but they gave him a loooong deal

This will be Rick Pitino all over again.

From what Boston seems to be doing im guessing they're investing in next year. Get a terrible record, hopefully get a top 3 pick which will all be future NBA super stars(Wiggins,Randle,Parker). Actually every lottery pick in next years draft will all be awesome. Easily one of the greatest, if not the greatest draft in history.

IMO

Great move by both parties...I think Stevens has potential to be a great NBA coach.

If not, he's got a nice résumé to return to college...ala Rick Pitino, Cal, etc.

Yep. It he pans out, then Ainge looks like a genius. If the Celtics have mediocre records in the coming seasons, they can just can him as the scapegoat once they've sorted out their rebuilding.

So the real question is...

What high profile college team picks him up after the Boston experiment fails?

Very possible Pudding...

UCONN after Kevin Ollie gets killed in this new "Super Basketball Conference"?

Another strong possibility for sure.

This will be Rick Pitino all over again.

From what Boston seems to be doing im guessing they're investing in next year. Get a terrible record, hopefully get a top 3 pick which will all be future NBA super stars(Wiggins,Randle,Parker). Actually every lottery pick in next years draft will all be awesome. Easily one of the greatest, if not the greatest draft in history.

really? better than that like lebron d wade draft year? idkkkk

really? better than that like lebron d wade draft year? idkkkk

Probably. But not better than the 1984 - Jordan, Hakeem, Stockton, and Barkley.

Probably. But not better than the 1984 - Jordan, Hakeem, Stockton, and Barkley.

so youre telling me the best basketball player in the future generation is in this class? We'll see.

Next year's NBA draft is going to be beyond epic. If you want a preview, just tune into Kentucky games this season.

Next years draft will definitely be better than the Lebron and Dwade draft. 84 is definitely the best, but this draft class is amazing.

UCLA or maybe.... just maybe Tennessee :trollface:

UCLA or maybe.... just maybe Tennessee :trollface:

He said high profile :trollface:

duke

Great hire.

Celtics basically flipped Doc Rivers for Stevens and a 1st round pick.

UCLA?

That's a dumpster fire of a program. Got rejected by Shaka Smart and Brad Stevens before settling with Steve Alford.

• PuddingTime
      It does seem like Jones is good at getting his teams to improve over the course of each season. 
    • Booger
      heeeyy... that was an auburn fan... funny to watch nonetheless. Pretty sure the tree will be fine.   "Wiest was developed as a suspect and immediately taken into custody while still in the area on an unrelated charge of public intoxication," according to a press release from Auburn police. "Further investigation resulted in Wiest being identified as the individual responsible for setting the fire and a warrant was obtained for his arrest. He was arrested while incarcerated in the Lee County jail on the prior charge and his bond was set at $1000." Looks like the dude was on a drunken rampage. http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/09/oak_tree_at_toomers_corner_set.html
    • JoeGator
      UT had a lot of dropped balls yesterday and still beat our asses anyway. 
    • Tider27
      Yeah I wouldn't be too confident on that, it's still a rivalry and you know how those go. If Georgia's WRs can actually catch a ball, they'll have more scores. Eason put it on them consistently.
    • TheRealBrave
      If you want to laugh look at our 2013 class, it's largely why we have been terrible for 2 years. It was a bad class with laughable attrition. Richt recruited way too many reaches/projects at OL and whiffed on all the good instate receivers outside of MM/TGod.   UGA is very lacking at OL/WR/DB, and lacks depth at DL/LB/OL. Obviously our kicking game is the pits, we literally cannot make 30 yard field goals
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    2. 2
      PuddingTime
      PuddingTime
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      bbqit