• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smokeyone

did anyone notice the Big East changed their name?

28 posts in this topic

They are now the American Conference.

I think the catholic schools kept the name when they decided to leave since they started the league.

I don't think they'll last long as a conference. Their TV deal is hysterical. They make less all put together than we make individually after splitting our money 14 ways... They only get 20mil to distribute to all their members a year.

I don't think they'll last long as a conference. Their TV deal is hysterical. They make less all put together than we make individually after splitting our money 14 ways... They only get 20mil to distribute to all their members a year.

Damn...that's crazy. Yeah, I don't expect them to last long either. I would say the big conferences will raid them for good teams, but they don't really have any good teams left.

So basically they went from Conference USA to American Athletic Conference? :lol:

Damn...that's crazy. Yeah, I don't expect them to last long either. I would say the big conferences will raid them for good teams, but they don't really have any good teams left.

It's a bunch of "nobody wanted me so I'm here" schools left.

How dare you speak of SMU like that!

How dare you speak of SMU like that!

Lol they didn't polish the Big 12 knob enough to get the invite they've wanted for years. If the big 12 expands again they will probably be on the list of candidates somewhere.

Just remembered....boise state has the worst luck with conferences. They caught s--t for being in a conference that was too easy, so they left for a tougher one. Only problem was the two best teams left before they played a single game as a conference member. Few years later they go" hey, let's see if we can get into the big east. They're an AQ conference right?"

U Conn, Syracuse, Louisville, not exactly nobody's in basketball; Louisville fields a pretty good football team.

Lol at Memphis.

U Conn, Syracuse, Louisville, not exactly nobody's in basketball; Louisville fields a pretty good football team.

Louisville won't even be there in a few years

Louisville won't even be there in a few years

sooner than that I believe. I think I read somewhere that they're gone after this season.

Uconn and Syracuse are the only schools left the BCS conferences will look at to fill throw away spots to reach a magic number.

Hell I can't keep up with who is in the ACC & the conference formally known as the Big East.

UofL in the ACC? Oh how the mighty have fallen.

What the hell is up with the ACC's divisions? Really there is no rhyme or reason to how they are put together. FSU & Boston College in the same division? But you also have Ga Tech and Pitt in the other division? It's like they put on a blindfold and threw darts at the wall to decide who goes in which division. Having a ACC South & North would make far more sense. For example...

ACC South

FSU

Ga Tech

Clemson

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Duke

Wake Forest

ACC North

Boston College

Syracuse

Pitt

Maryland

Louisville

Virginia

Virginia Tech

Uconn and Syracuse are the only schools left the BCS conferences will look at to fill throw away spots to reach a magic number.

Syracuse was already taken by the ACC too.

Haha, where you been?

What the hell is up with the ACC's divisions? Really there is no rhyme or reason to how they are put together. FSU & Boston College in the same division? But you also have Ga Tech and Pitt in the other division? It's like they put on a blindfold and threw darts at the wall to decide who goes in which division. Having a ACC South & North would make far more sense. For example...

ACC South

FSU

Ga Tech

Clemson

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Duke

Wake Forest

ACC North

Boston College

Syracuse

Pitt

Maryland

Louisville

Virginia

Virginia Tech

Maryland is in the B1G and you forgot Miami haha.

Y'all are a mess.

Maryland is in the B1G and you forgot Miami haha.

Y'all are a mess.

See, they are moving around so damn much it's impossible to keep up!

Louisville and Syracuse are in the ACC as of next season. There is absolutely nothing ACC about that commuter trash school, but more power to them. Makes beating their ass that much more enjoyable.

So Uconn is the auto bid out the former beast now American conference? Seems legit. No really are they going to get a BCS auto bid?

The way I stumbled across this new name was all the Louisville players listed as most hyped by the bleacher report. But is the ville isnt in the former beast.... I give up.

Louisville and Syracuse are in the ACC as of next season. There is absolutely nothing ACC about that commuter trash school, but more power to them. Makes beating their ass that much more enjoyable.

contradictory statement is contradictory

join your Eastern brothers in the hating of all things acc. Hell, yall already hate unc and duke so you may take the #1 spot for hating those phaggots

contradictory statement is contradictory

join your Eastern brothers in the hating of all things acc. Hell, yall already hate unc and duke so you may take the #1 spot for hating those phaggots

Other than Miami and Boston College, what ACC schools are commuter schools? I honestly don't know.

And yes, we easily take the #1 spot for having the most hatred for the ACC. The rest of you might not have liked them because you've had to share a state w/them, and of course you guys came from there. That's all fine and dandy. But you know how we are about basketball and the ACC and Big East are easily the two most hated conferences for Kentuckians, and it's not even debatable. All entirely for basketball reasons. Adding the Dirty Birds to the mix AND Syrcause....you're not going to find a more devoted membership to the "lanekiffin.gif the ACC" club than the Big Blue Nation.