• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WadeWilson

Having girls

31 posts in this topic

Everyone start giving @@Scream some damn advice. He and the Mrs. just found out they're having a baby girl.

Congrats phaggot.

Friend of mine just told me about having a kid and admitted he didnt know how much work it was going to be. Alot of work! Enjoy

Well, don't feel like getting into all of the serious advice...I'll give that later when I'm not buzzed. For now I'll just say he has to do his best to make sure his daughter doesn't turn out to be a woman with daddy issues. It's his responsibility to the world.

Friend of mine just told me about having a kid and admitted he didnt know how much work it was going to be. Alot of work! Enjoy

After our first I thought to myself" man, this stuff isn't so hard". Then we had our 2nd and I thought to myself" holy s--t this is gonna be tough "

Prepare yourself for pink. Everything I own now is pink. You get used to it.

My first was a girl. When the second one was on the way everyone was asking me if I was hoping for a boy. Well, you just want a healthy baby for starters but I was secretly hoping for another girl. I love my girls and watch every little boy like a hawk.

I got 3 daughters. Haul ass and don't look back

Well, if you didn't learn after the first two you kinda did it to yourself

get ready to be outnumbered

Congrats Scream.You'll lose your heart to this little one.I did with mine. :)

I got four boys....have fun with that. Lol

Little girls love their daddy. Mom knows what they are thinking so they don't get away with much but dad is gullible. It changes though. Somewhere between 13.5 and 14.5 you will go from Hero to Zero over night. Yep that fast. You will go to bed and all will be fine then wake the next morning and you won't know how much changed. You will have to wait till they get in college before she is interested in dad again. About soph year you get your little girl back.

My girl is only 6, so I haven't been through all the phases yet, but here are the high points I've figured out...

1- Take your daughter on dates, just you and her. It's your job to be around a lot and to make her feel secure. If you aren't a strong source of affection, she will find it elsewhere and then you have to kill a punk and hide the body.

2- Tell her no. It's fun to spoil little girls and she will have your heart wrapped around your finger, but don't let mom be the only disciplinarian. Family life is much more peaceful that way. But brace yourself, it's tough.

Congrats Scream.

Two boys here. My wife wanted a third, but I sais, "no way". I figured I won the the battle twice. I'm not taking the chance a third time.

The first advice I usually give first time parents is to just try and appreciate each step as it comes...because it comes and goes fast. When you wake up at 3 AM to feed her you'll probably be stressed at times, but it's a special time when an infant completely depends on their parents for everything. And then you'll find yourself wishing they could crawl, or walk, or talk, or you'll think about all the fun things you'll do when they're older.

Just try to slow down and enjoy it, because like I said it goes fast so try to take it all in. Plus it'll probably help you be a better parent.

And always try to be as honest as possible with your kids. Use reasoning with them even when they're too young to understand it. As they get older they'll realize you had a reason for everything, and were looking out for their best interest. At first it felt weird talking to my daughter(s) when I knew they couldn't understand me or talk back, but it's helped me as far as having open communication with them, and it helps them grasp things quicker when they're young.

Thanks everybody I'm pretty excited. And to answer your question, no @@WadeWilson will NOT be allowed near my child.

Sounds like you're already off to a good start with this parenting stuff