Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OlDirtyFaulkner

2014 Rebel Football Commitments

358 posts in this topic

Rebs offer 5* WDE Lorenzo Carter. Really hope that the lure of playing on the opposite side of the DLine from RN can bring us another awesome D end.

Taking 95% of the top talent in the State of MS... Check

Casting that wide net nationally... Check

We are dominating miss schtate on the trail so far though literally. No joke

We are dominating miss schtate on the trail so far though literally. No joke

No doubt the only top 10 player in the State that we probably don't get is Devin Voorhies but he practically lives in LA being from Woodville.

That's Why I say 95% if we land 11 of the top 12 players that's cleaning the clock.

However MS is pumping out about 14 legit D1 kids this year it seems. Some of which D1 caliber but probably not getting a ton of SEC offers.

Hugh Freeze is personally recruiting Devin Voorhies so that will be interesting to watch unfold.

A possible top 12 player in the State, Jamoral Graham is likely State bound though.. Grew up a State fan.

Greenville, MS WR Sammie Epps has committed to Ole Miss. The 6'4" 210lbs target is unrated by both Rivals and Scout. It's interesting that the Ole Miss staff offered before summer camps that likely means they expect his stock to soar after the camp circuit.

A family connection and familiarity with Ole Miss made this easy for Epps, The cousin of former Ole Miss WR Mario Hill.

This kid reminds me very much of 2013 signee Trey Bledsoe who came out of nowhere to earn a offer by having an incredible showing at the Ole Miss Elite camp last year.

Expect to see 4 or 5 WR's signed in the 2014 class. Markell Pack is pretty much a lock to be a Rebel. We also seem to lead for MUS WR Devin Perry.

Im very interested to see what the 'unrated' signees end up with as far as ratings go... I think CHF is a good talent evaluator.

We all knew DK Buford was fast but damn.. kid ran a 10.4 at a track meet today per The Oxford Eagle. This time with no real track training believe it's his first year running track.

2014 Top100 OL Andy Bauer commits to the Rebs. Awesome get

Picked OM over bama

He's the #9 OT in the nation too, don't forget.

Glad to see The Freezus land him early, away from those Turd bastages.

SEC Tournament Champs one day, ink the #9 OT the next; welcome to the new norm that is the Ross Bjork era. :)

If Freeze keeps this up we will be a fine ball club before too long

As you guys said amazing pick up in Rivals 100 OLineman Andy Bauer. It's interesting because he said he is willing to come in and play guard at Ole Miss when he is clearly athletic enough to play left tackle in D1 ball and will likely be recruited with the pitch of LT from schools. Got to love the comments he made about his commitment too.

Also one of the nations top LB's for the 2014 class visited over the weekend and absolutely loved the town of Oxford and the vibe he got as well as the comfort with the coaching staff.

Apparently we've offered 5 star wide-out, Drake Harris (Grand Rapids - 6'4", 180).

Drake had 91 catches for 2,015 yards and 25 touchdowns last year.

And another commit. Rivals250 4* LB DeMarquis Gates commits to the Rebs

And another commit. Rivals250 4* LB DeMarquis Gates commits to the Rebs

Awesomeness!

Couple days behind on posting... Rivals 250 4* LB DeMarquis Gates is a huge get and should be apart of a great LB class. UGA will be offering him here shortly but the fact that he felt strongly enough to commit without any pressure to do some is pretty awesome. Got to fight off the dawgs till February on this one.

New but not surprising commitment coming from Jeremy Liggins today... He failed to make a high enough score on his ACT to enroll at Ole Miss in December and is now at NECC where he'll play DE. He is on course to graduate in December and enroll at Ole Miss with 4 to play 3.

I see him sticking at DE but could be a factor at TE with the lack of depth there.

New but not surprising commitment coming from Jeremy Liggins today... He failed to make a high enough score on his ACT to enroll at Ole Miss in December and is now at NECC where he'll play DE. He is on course to graduate in December and enroll at Ole Miss with 4 to play 3.

I see him sticking at DE but could be a factor at TE with the lack of depth there.

This guy just won't seem to go away. I guess he wants to get back to Oxford but I don't think he will ever do anything significant in the SEC

His name resurfaced because of him wanting to enroll at Ole Miss in December but failed to make the ACT score needed. He won't need that ACT score when he graduates from JuCo.

He is an excellent athlete, I wouldn't bet against him making an impact. He'll be playing DE at NECC but could end up being a TE when he gets here. We need those both badly in this class.

Wasn't he a qb at one point? If he's the guy I'm thinking of he originally commited to LSU ,but I could very well be wrong.

Wasn't he a qb at one point? If he's the guy I'm thinking of he originally commited to LSU ,but I could very well be wrong.

Same guy

how the eff do you go from signing as a D1 qb to de? lol

He was never going to be a QB. Dude could eat Jarred Lorenzon

6'4" and at least 285-290lbs

He was never going to be a QB. Dude could eat Jarred Lorenzon

That made me literatly laugh out loud

• L.A.Hog
      I'd move out of the hell hole.
    • GAMECOCK_FAN
      Gamecocks defeat Charleston Southern 7-0.  18 K's in the game for SC pitchers.
    • smokeyone
      I have a safe but many are out in the open or on my workbench. My little girl knows what they are and what they can do. I teach that they are tools not toys. She wouldn't play with a saw so why would she play with a shotgun? Sh has used both as they were intended and seen that using them correctly makes more sense than using them incorrectly. I don't want to shoot anyone. I don't want anyone to break in. I don't want crime. But reality is my small town has a gang problem. Ignoring it isn't a responsible answer, neither is Next years approach of talking with them over coffe and finding out what drives them to lash out like this. I honestly don't care why they are threatening me and mine, I just want to be able to stop them.
    • smokeyone
        You wouldn't recognize Columbia County anymore. It has blown up with refugees from Augusta. It went from a suitcase community with open spaces to a living/working destination metropolitan region. Clarks hill has developments on it but little to no residential development. Washington road is being made into a 4 lane highway all the way to the lake. And it's accent has come at the expense of the consolidated Augusta/Richmond county. That place is trying to revitalize but falling poorly at it.  It seems like every few months something new is coming to Columbia county making it better. The only issue they are having now is roads. Grovetown didn't plan for the expansion so they need a total rebuild of it road system. It's not just Military and Mexican anymore. 300,000.00 houses fill subdivisions as fast as they can clear land to build them. Applying and Harlem are the only parts of Columbia county not exploding and Harlem is about to as Grovetown is getting too expensive for folks now.  And now is the best time for the area. With Masters week coming up the clean up and finish up is in full swing.
    • A10Rebel
      The recruit pool. Bring them all in and divvy them up. I love it.
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      smokeyone
      smokeyone
    3. 3
      possumslayer
      possumslayer
    4. 4
      L.A.Hog