Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OlDirtyFaulkner

2014 Rebel Football Commitments

358 posts in this topic

Oh I just meant Mississippi kids in general. We should be able to cherry pick from the state this year

I agree I posted some predicitions a few posts up. I'll strike them off as we continue to take them.

State fans don't know it now, cause they're still in denial, but OM is about to be the premiere program in the state pretty quickly. It's headed that way fast and they'll realize it after next season

This is not the same hype as Nutt either. It's much different. Freeze actually knows what he's doing and the recruiting is different because freeze didn't take any chances on questionable character guys. THAT'S the biggest difference for the future. High character guys that are buying into the program early

State fans don't know it now, cause they're still in denial, but OM is about to be the premiere program in the state pretty quickly. It's headed that way fast and they'll realize it after next season

Couldnt agree more.

State fans don't know it now, cause they're still in denial, but OM IS the premiere program in the state. It's headed that way fast and they'll realize it after next season

Fixed

2 Rivals 250 recruits before February is half way over. Buford seems like a great kid - says he wants to play the role of Laquon Treadwell this recruiting season...wants depth...says, " you cant beat teams with good depth". Exciting times.

Andy Bauer is visiting Ole Miss this weekend. Top player in missouri 6 -5, 305lb OT. Its his second visit in a month or so.....rumored he wants to commit to a school early. Also offered Jordan Sims 6-3, 340lb OG number 11 player in bama.

Andy Bauer is visiting Ole Miss this weekend. Top player in missouri 6 -5, 305lb OT. Its his second visit in a month or so.....rumored he wants to commit to a school early. Also offered Jordan Sims 6-3, 340lb OG number 11 player in bama.

Andy Bauer was committed to us and then decommitted earlier this year. Right now I think that Mizzou and Alabama are his two favorites.

Andy Bauer was committed to us and then decommitted earlier this year. Right now I think that Mizzou and Alabama are his two favorites.

I believe he was committed to Mizzou and decommitted from them.

I believe he was committed to Mizzou and decommitted from them.

That's what I said.

Ahh...i thought "us" was UM.

Haha, I see where you could have been confused.

"us" in a ole miss forum is usually ole miss

but us from a Mizzou fan is usually Mizzou. :trollface:

@@Mizzou_Fan don't be surprised if it's actually an Ole Miss / Mizzou battle. He is making a return trip to Oxford after visiting 6 weeks ago. From all accounts on the pay sites he and his parent were blown away and very much liked Ole Miss and the town of Oxford. If he is looking to make a quick decision it sounds good for us with the info that is out there.

@@Mizzou_Fan don't be surprised if it's actually an Ole Miss / Mizzou battle. He is making a return trip to Oxford after visiting 6 weeks ago. From all accounts on the pay sites he and his parent were blown away and very much liked Ole Miss and the town of Oxford. If he is looking to make a quick decision it sounds good for us with the info that is out there.

Pretty much what I read. Freeze tells the truth...you get em on campus and the school sells itself. If someone visits I conclude we are atleast in the running

A more recent addition to the players we've offered is RB/LB Joe Mixon (6'2 195).

Quite the impressive prospect, imo, and a 4 star all around, save @Scout, who always seems to pull that crap.

Ole Miss picks up it's 4th (5th) commitment today from Desoto County OLineman Tyler Putman. Hugh Freeze offered the past fall after the undersized (6'5 265lbs) put on a technical clinic at summer camps. Very athletic offensive lineman with a frame that has plenty to grow. Certainly a project they'll redshirt and beef up, Think the offensive line version of Isaac Gross. 30 lbs of good weight, 2 years of S&C, and this kid has a chance to be special.

LB Clifton Garrett has us in his top 3 (Ohio St, Ole Miss, FSU) but has continued to recieve offers, most recently from Kentucky and Florida...more are definitely coming. This guy is one of the 12 -15 national players we are gonna go after and we want him bad....extremely smart.

I thought I'd let y'all know I saw Andy Bauer wearing an Ole Miss shirt at a basketball game.

4 Star WR Markell Pack of Purvis, MS is pretty much a lock for us.. He said in an interview with Rivals that the only thing that could possibly sway him is an offer from Alabama. If the name Pack sounds familiar it's because he is cousins with former Rebel LB Garry Pack.

I posted highlights of Calloway HS WR DaYall Harris a few weeks ago wondering how he has been pretty much overlooked by recruiting services. Right on cue pretty much, Ole Miss has offered him and that now makes the 4th offer extended to a player from Calloway HS. Roderick Taylor and Breeland Speaks are the other two with offers along with commit Ronald Walker.

This class will be very Mississippi flavored as I said before expect to see an upward of 12 signed.

As expected WR DaYall Harris has committed to Ole Miss. Great pick up.. Should sign a damn good WR Class for 14'