• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dawgfan4life24

Florida Gator DC Dan Quinn possibly the new DC for Seatle Seahawks

12 posts in this topic

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/1/17/3886770/dan-quinn-seattle-seahawks-defensive-coordinator-florida

lorida defensive coordinator Dan Quinn has been repeatedly linked to job openings since last fall: First it was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator job, then the Florida International head coaching job, and then DC positions with Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles. But now, with the departure of Gus Bradley from Seattle for Jacksonville, there is a "strong possibility" Quinn will return to Seattle as the Seahawks' defensive coordinator, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.

There is a "strong possibility" Florida DC Dan Quinn will return to Seattle to replace Gus Bradley as DC, though CLEV and PHIL interested.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

And that's the one Florida fans should be worried about.

Quinn has been a very effective defensive coordinator and defensive line expert for the Gators, helping Will Muschamp forge two top-10 defenses in two years and revamping a defensive line that was stocked with talented players into a unit that controlled the line of scrimmage masterfully. Quinn isn't Florida's defensive line coach — that's Bryant Young, ostensibly — but he's believed to work extensively with at least Florida's defensive ends, who showed tremendous improvement from 2010 to 2011 and 2012, and the credit for Dante Fowler Jr. and Jonathan Bullard playing very well for Florida as true freshman is due at least partly to Quinn.

But while Quinn's got the brains and savvy to be an NFL defensive coordinator — and, likely, an NFL head coach — someday, none of the previous options for him to make the leap made sense. Bradley leaving Seattle opens up two: Either Quinn could return to Seattle and rejoin Pete Carroll's staff, which he served on in 2009 and 2010 as defensive line coach, taking Bradley's place as defensive coordinator, or he could follow Bradley to his next destination as a defensive coordinator and first lieutenant.

Either way, Quinn is someone that the NFL will covet for as long as his defenses remain excellent, and is ultimately destined for somewhere other than Florida: It makes no sense for Quinn to stay as Muschamp's right-hand man forever.

I suspect Florida will fight hard to keep Quinn, doing whatever is in its power to convince him to stay, but a move to a defensive coordinator position in the NFL is undeniably a promotion, even for a guy who could win a national championship soon, and might prove irresistible.

If Quinn does leave, look for speculation around Florida's next defensive coordinator to center on linebackers coach/special teams coordinator/recruiting dynamo D.J. Durkin.

Welcome back to the Hawks! Now bring us some pass rushers and teach Bruce Irvin some moves other then to run real fast.

How did you find out? I just got the text alert.

I approve.

Durkin has done really well here and is one of the best recruiters in the entire country.

He earned it.

I approve.

Durkin has done really well here and is one of the best recruiters in the entire country.

He earned it.

Agreed;I like that he stayed in-house... the recruits will probably like that too, they already know Durkin.

Just curious GU, but are you on GatorCountry?

I can't get ANY of the pages to load for me for about a week now.

I approve.

He earned it.

Get updates on my phone for the SEC (only the relevant teams) Lol

Seems normal. He was probably next in line. Doubt this will have too much of an affect on recruiting at his point.

Get updates on my phone for the SEC (only the relevant teams) Lol

Seems normal. He was probably next in line. Doubt this will have too much of an affect on recruiting at his point.

Not on recruiting too much hopefully, but I did REALLY like him.

Just curious GU, but are you on GatorCountry?

I can't get ANY of the pages to load for me for about a week now.

Yeah, it's been happening to me too; I'm a little shocked there isn't a thread on the site addressing the issue... we can't be the only ones. Guess I'll send the admins a PM if I can get it to work for a few minutes.

Yeah, it's been happening to me too; I'm a little shocked there isn't a thread on the site addressing the issue... we can't be the only ones. Guess I'll send the admins a PM if I can get it to work for a few minutes.

There is a five page long thread about it but I can't open it haha.

It's been happening to me for over a week now.

• jacobp
    • TheRealBrave
      And you keep mistaking me for some ardent Trump fan. Don't know how many times I have to tell you, I voted for Kasich and loved when Mitt Romney tore Trump apart   I am about as far from a protectionist as you will find
    • TheRealBrave
      LSU has this easily, Locke hasn't faced a defense anywhere near LSU's level yet. LSU 24 Mizzou 10
    • L.A.Hog
      Exactly, he tells you what you want to hear.With no plan to follow.... But he'll reveal it soon...afrer all, its only two months til election..he'll let us know pretty soon, I reckon, what his plan is.... but that wall is the plan, millions of dollars that will be pissed off before construction, then billions to build it and we pay for it.When I say we,i don't include trump because he don't pay taxes.He's a rich welfare baby.... screw that deadbeat bitch...
    • smokeyone
      Maybe it's been so long since we have seen a candidate with a clue we don't recognize them anymore.  Boarders, Standards (law), and Culture. The fundamental essence of a nation. As it stands the system has all but removed them from this dying once great nation. Nobody respects them anymore. No one want to acknowledge they matter. Hell Trump wasn't my first or second choice but he has the message we need to hear
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      bbqit
      bbqit
    2. 2
      razorhead
      razorhead
    3. 3
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    4. 4
      JoeGator