• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOOM

Corey Lemonier to enter draft...

42 posts in this topic

Can't blame him, the lone consistent bright spot for the DL.

It's a shame this guy didn't play in a better defensive scheme/have better talent around him. Could've been recognized as one of CFB's best defensive players. He'll have a good career in the pros.

I think this is a poor decision for Lemonier... He wasn't that effective in SEC play this year and I believe if he came back for his senior year he could possibly be a top ten pick in 2014. As things stand I think he'll be a late first round pick at best. I just don't see him going as high this year as he had the potential to go if he stayed another season.

Clearly there are other factors behind this than just he doesn't want to play college ball anymore.

Clearly there are other factors behind this than just he doesn't want to play college ball anymore.

maybe he just wants to make $$$$$.....

maybe he just wants to make $$$$$.....

could be that he needs to make money

Stephon Gilmour, the 2012 10th pick, got a four year, 12 million dollar contract.

Nick Perry, the 2012 28th pick, got four years at around 3.4 million dollars for his contract.

Lemonier could have made more money by waiting, I think. I don't see him going higher than late first round but I can see him going top ten if he had waited.

People saying whats best for somebody else is a joke. He has to do what is best for HIM. It may not have anything to do with money. Anybody thought he may not want to play for Malzhan ? Its his decision. Hes a good football player and will do fine

People saying whats best for somebody else is a joke. He has to do what is best for HIM. It may not have anything to do with money. Anybody thought he may not want to play for Malzhan ? Its his decision. Hes a good football player and will do fine

It's not really a joke to discuss the merits of someone leaving early vs. staying for another season. There are draft busts every year that could have benefitted greatly from staying one more year in college, both in the NFL and in the NBA.

It's not really a joke to discuss the merits of someone leaving early vs. staying for another season. There are draft busts every year that could have benefitted greatly from staying one more year in college, both in the NFL and in the NBA.

You're not discussing. You're saying hes making a mistake and you don't know that.

You're not discussing. You're saying hes making a mistake and you don't know that.

I'm saying "I think that this is a poor decision" and "he could be making a mistake" and then I'm saying why I think these things. How is that anything BUT discussion? Obviously I don't know if he's making a mistake, but I sure think that he is and im saying why. That's called discussing.

I thought Darvin Adams was making a mistake by leaving early, too, and he didn't even get drafted.

As long as we're thinking, I think he should transfer, have one great year and then go high in the draft. LMAO at Chizik and to Trooper Taylor's reaction on NSD at getting this great talent just to waste it.

As long as we're thinking, I think he should transfer, have one great year and then go high in the draft. LMAO at Chizik and to Trooper Taylor's reaction on NSD at getting this great talent just to waste it.

He's leaving school one year early to be a millionaire and has a NC ring to boot, yea he is so wasted. Where should he have went? FSU, his second choice, And play for Jimbo who is not really doing anything there?

whatever u say nealie

LOL. The only alternative is that discussion would literally be Impossible. If saying what I think about his decision and why I think it is not discussing it, nobody else could say what they think and why and consider that discussion. It sounds to me like you either have no idea what the word discussion means or you just want to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing.

Either way, you win an award. It's not a good award.

I'm saying "I think that this is a poor decision" and "he could be making a mistake" and then I'm saying why I think these things. How is that anything BUT discussion? Obviously I don't know if he's making a mistake, but I sure think that he is and im saying why. That's called discussing.

I thought Darvin Adams was making a mistake by leaving early, too, and he didn't even get drafted.

yeah he made a huge mistake, unfortunately kids dont want to stay here because there is no discipline

LOL. The only alternative is that discussion would literally be Impossible. If saying what I think about his decision and why I think it is not discussing it, nobody else could say what they think and why and consider that discussion. It sounds to me like you either have no idea what the word discussion means or you just want to disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing.

Either way, you win an award. It's not a good award.

I was merely saying it MAY NOT BE FOR MONEY but you can't comprehend that. Then I let it it go and you can't. Sounds like you're the one just arguing for arguments sake. But thats the way you work.

Now go ahead and get the last word. I'm done.

yeah he made a huge mistake, unfortunately kids dont want to stay here because there is no discipline

Yeah, and I can't really blame them there... It's just tough because in some cases enduring a lack of discipline for one more year, getting your college degree, and sticking it out can wind up being so much more beneficial for these guys that jump ship early. I want the best for Auburn but I also want the best for Auburn's players too. Like with Nick Fairley obviously he'd have been an idiot to come back because he was at his highest value after 2010. With Darvin, he was just crazy to leave and not get drafted.

I was merely saying it MAY NOT BE FOR MONEY but you can't comprehend that. Then I let it it go and you can't. Sounds like you're the one just arguing for arguments sake. But thats the way you work.

Now go ahead and get the last word. I'm done.

Actually you said that having an opinion on the financial wisdom of his decision was "a joke". I simply corrected you because it's perfectly fine to believe that financially it was not the best decision for him. I never claimed that he made the decision for financial reasons. You assumed that on your own.

It sounds like you're the one wi the comprehension problem. Go back to your Bama board.