• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noah

Trent breaks Jim Brown's rushing record

26 posts in this topic

For a second consecutive week, former Alabama running back Trent Richardson put himself among elite company in the Cleveland Browns franchise's history.

By clearing 50 yards -- and counting -- today against the Denver Broncos, Richardson passed Hall of Famer Jim Brown for most rushing yards as a rookie. As of the midway point of the third quarter, Richardson had 950 for the season. Brown had 942 in 1957.

Last week, Richardson passed both Eric Metcalf and Brown for most rushing touchdowns as a rookie. Richardson currently has 11, which ranks second in the NFL behind Arian Foster (14).

Richardson has appeared in all 15 games this season, but he's played through multiple injuries, including broken ribs.

Richardson and Brown have been linked ever since the Hall of Famer questioned the Browns for selecting Richardson, whom he labeled as "ordinary," with the third pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. Brown later said that he was only trying to motivate Richardson, whom he's since heaped plenty of praise upon throughout the season.

“That’s my partner, man,” Brown told ESPNCleveland.com in October. “He never took anything I said the wrong way. He’s interested in his family. He’s interested in his team. And he's willing to make sacrifices because really, he's hurt more than you think he is right now."

For a second consecutive week, former Alabama running back Trent Richardson put himself among elite company in the Cleveland Browns franchise's history.

By clearing 50 yards -- and counting -- today against the Denver Broncos, Richardson passed Hall of Famer Jim Brown for most rushing yards as a rookie. As of the midway point of the third quarter, Richardson had 950 for the season. Brown had 942 in 1957.

Last week, Richardson passed both Eric Metcalf and Brown for most rushing touchdowns as a rookie. Richardson currently has 11, which ranks second in the NFL behind Arian Foster (14).

Richardson has appeared in all 15 games this season, but he's played through multiple injuries, including broken ribs.

Richardson and Brown have been linked ever since the Hall of Famer questioned the Browns for selecting Richardson, whom he labeled as "ordinary," with the third pick in the 2012 NFL Draft. Brown later said that he was only trying to motivate Richardson, whom he's since heaped plenty of praise upon throughout the season.

“That’s my partner, man,” Brown told ESPNCleveland.com in October. “He never took anything I said the wrong way. He’s interested in his family. He’s interested in his team. And he's willing to make sacrifices because really, he's hurt more than you think he is right now."

Cool, but did Brown play in as many games?

Cool, but did Brown play in as many games?

The great thing about records is they were made to be broken.

Love the crawfish by Brown on "only trying to motivate him".

The great thing about records is they were made to be broken.

Call me a stick in the mud, but I hate seeing these records fall to teams that would get killed if they played the guys that held the old record. Case in point, Calvin Johnson's 4 win Detroit team vs Jerry Rice's Niners.

Very proud of Trent! This is just the beginning! :D

I don't know, seems like an "ordinary" record that was broken.

Is this a Browns record or NFL record?

Richardson is third among rookies in rushing this year. Barely ahead of RG3. He's nowhere near the NFL record.

Richardson is third among rookies in rushing this year. Barely ahead of RG3. He's nowhere near the NFL record.

I know you're just making sure he knows it's a Browns record, but yeah, I just said the Browns.

Sorry. I don't know s--t and only give half a s--t about the NFL.

Thanks for that...

I know you're just making sure he knows it's a Browns record, but yeah, I just said the Browns.

Indeed, just had to take a rare opportunity to point out something that Bama had not accomplished. After all, isn't Auburn vs. Alabama what Christmas is all about?

Not impressed at all. They are the browns.

How's Ben Tate doing wiping Foster's ass, btw?

Best RB in the state :rolleyes:

In other news the Saints are actually giving Ingram the ball and he's producing.

Oh and Trent will be a monster, imagine if he didn't have to play through those rib injuries and didn't play...for well the Browns.

He's been very meh actually. Last 3 games: 9-53, 11-28, 18-42

Hillis was far better and they let him go

He's been very meh actually. Last 3 games: 9-53, 11-28, 18-42

Hillis was far better and they let him go

Yeah 9 rushes for 53 yards is meh ? Do the math.

You other two, your hate goes great with a nice red whine.

Any Jim Brown record is note worthy especially to Cleveland fans. But the true irony is Trent breakin Jim's record since he called him out after Cleveland drafted him.

Any Jim Brown record is note worthy especially to Cleveland fans. But the true irony is Trent breakin Jim's record since he called him out after Cleveland drafted him.

Logic is not allowed Noah. Only trolliometry.

How "elite" is the Browns franchise history? They have a rich history of bad football, and "almost getting there".

How "elite" is the Browns franchise history? They have a rich history of bad football, and "almost getting there".

How elite is Jim Brown ?

How elite is Jim Brown ?

To answer my question, we can probably stop the list after him. Unless you want to include Bernie Kosar

• TheRealBrave
      I can safely say it is impossible for a QB to have a sluggish start vs. Georgia right now
    • L.A.Hog
      No one with a family and common sense want trump to destroy this country....
    • TheRealBrave
      Something that bothered me was Lester Holt being Hillary's personal fact checker and attempting to correct Trump consistently. He didn't jump on her for lying when she denied saying TPP is the gold standard of trade deals. It is plain as day that she said it, and relatively recently.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLQzeCoNnA&app=desktop
    • Mizzou_Fan
      So now we'll move on to LSU and Tennessee. 
    • Flea
      LSU is the only Power 5 team in a state with a tiny population compared to Texas.  LSU and Bama made out like bandits by bringing in A&M.  And to show how autonomous LSU is, wasn't their recent change decided at ULL game?   Houston?  A serious multi-year threat?  With their pack 45,000 seat stadium and limited funds?   They flash every few decades. They won't keep TH that long.   tu?  Can't compete with the SEC brand.  TCU and Baylor?  Self-destruct at least once per 20 years.   
  • Popular Contributors

1. 1
      foxflyer5
      foxflyer5
    2. 2
      bbqit
      bbqit
    3. 3
      JoeGator
      JoeGator
    4. 4
      razorhead