• Announcements

• Benny

Forums Restructured   09/22/2016

A lot of less active forums have been removed and consolidated with larger forums.  SEC Recruiting and Official Game Threads have been merged into SEC Football Talk.  All SEC Social Groups have been moved under their respective team forums. All other Social Groups have been merged into the Water Fountain. Other less active off-topic forums such as Think Tank, SciFi, Gaming, etc, have been merged into the Water Fountain.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StallingsBaldSpot

Arkansas tops the preseason college baseball poll

57 posts in this topic

Last year, I think our pitching was phenomenal, but not much offense.

Didn't expect this, this is huge for the Diamond Hogs.

Not a bad poll actually.

We will probably sweep F$U again though.

Now they are being overrated in ALL their sports I guess.

Wow, #6 is pretty good considering our losses. I'm not surprised Arkansas is #1.

wow... I figured a top 10 ranking, but number 1?

Nice! Go Diamond Hogs!

What is this baseball that you speak of? Is it a ball shaped like a base?

Its yet another outdoor sport dominated by the SEC

Its a sport you won the B12 Tourney in last year....... Some how...... No worries though.... wont happen for you now......

Its a sport you won the B12 Tourney in last year....... Some how...... No worries though.... wont happen for you now......

We went on a roll during the Big 12 Toruney. I think that was also the same day as the softball team had a double header and their one game lasted like 5 hours.

It's another sport that Vanderbilt will beat you in :trollface:

Y'all gonna curb stomp us in hoops.

#8....might try and make a road trip this year. Maybe UF....LSU?!?!

That is, if I can afford it. :)

Looking forward to it. My buddy is the SID for the baseball team. Things are sounding really promising this year. Louisville is ranked 22nd I believe....gonna be two epic series this year for sure.

Yesterday it was announced that the format of the SEC baseball tournament will change this year. The tournament will increase from 10 to 12 teams and will begin on Tuesday, May 21. Seeds 5-12 will meet in a single elimination format on the opening day of the tournament, followed by traditional double-elimination play Wednesday-Friday. The tournament will return to single elimination play on Saturday. The total number of games played will remain at 17.

Last year, I think our pitching was phenomenal, but not much offense.

Didn't expect this, this is huge for the Diamond Hogs.

I agree.Our run production wasn't getting it done last year.It was frustrating to watch.If we can improve there we could make a run.

I'm surprised by the ranking for sure.

Yesterday it was announced that the format of the SEC baseball tournament will change this year. The tournament will increase from 10 to 12 teams and will begin on Tuesday, May 21. Seeds 5-12 will meet in a single elimination format on the opening day of the tournament, followed by traditional double-elimination play Wednesday-Friday. The tournament will return to single elimination play on Saturday. The total number of games played will remain at 17.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Go back to 10!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

Go back to 10!!!!

Really? I've always thought we should do either football or basketball style.....all in or best of east and west in an epic SEC World Series showdown.

Really? I've always thought we should do either football or basketball style.....all in or best of east and west in an epic SEC World Series showdown.

I like that not everyone gets to go to the tournament. Makes the regular season mean more.

Man I can't wait for baseball, tough opener vs TCU

We travel to Oregon in mid march....wish I still lived on the west coast, I'd make that series.

I agree.Our run production wasn't getting it done last year.It was frustrating to watch.If we can improve there we could make a run.

I'm surprised by the ranking for sure.

I actually wasn't too surprised. Preseason polls like pitching, and we have more of it than anyone else. Not saying we will finish at #1, but I was pretty confident we'd be between 1 and 3 to start the season

#13 we got to step it up. lol